Old 07-28-2016, 07:39 PM   #11

on my 378xl only powers residential refrigerator.

Old 07-28-2016, 10:30 PM   #12

The inverters are installed to power the Residential Refrigerators. That is not to say it cant power the TV's and outlets as well if wired to do so....It would be pretty simple to configure.
I added an inverter to my 352xl since I don't have a RESREF...it didn't come stock. It powers all the non-gfci outlets

2015 Days Camped-53

2016 Days Camped-51
chrisbailey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 08:58 AM   #13

FWIW the other issue you need to deal with is enough battery capacity to feed the inverter loads fore a useful time. Check the battery capacity.
Old 07-31-2016, 01:19 AM   #14

I think because the home theatre type stuff is part of the TV they didn't want to mess with the draw for that much power is my guess.

But correct as of 2016 on a 364ts you have to have generator on to power tv going down road. There is one extra plug on the inverter for fridge so you could try that or unplug fridge.

I have about 28 hours on my genset as I try to be anal about running it to much and shop told me to run it more...
Old 07-31-2016, 02:45 PM   #15

I don't mind running the genset while on the road, for TV or A/C. Most generators fail from too little use, not too much. However, when parked in a nice quiet setting and nobody else is running generators, I don't want to be the one breaking the tranquility, and I certainly don't want to be next to some JERK running a contractor generator! MANY, Challenger's come to mind, of the other brand motorhomes run the TV's from the inverter provided for the refrigerator. Allegro even provides an inverter for the TV's in coaches with traditional LP/E refrigerators. From what I gather here Georgetown does not, and that is THEIR loss. It's one more reason to consider another brand motorhome.
Old 08-03-2016, 10:54 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberNail View Post
I don't mind running the genset while on the road, for TV or A/C. Most generators fail from too little use, not too much. However, when parked in a nice quiet setting and nobody else is running generators, I don't want to be the one breaking the tranquility, and I certainly don't want to be next to some JERK running a contractor generator! MANY, Challenger's come to mind, of the other brand motorhomes run the TV's from the inverter provided for the refrigerator. Allegro even provides an inverter for the TV's in coaches with traditional LP/E refrigerators. From what I gather here Georgetown does not, and that is THEIR loss. It's one more reason to consider another brand motorhome.
To Clarify....Some Georgetown's do come with LP/E refrigerators. But those also don't come with inverters, which is why I had to install mine myself. for the ones that come with Residential Refrigerators, the Inverter is dedicated to powering the fridge, but could probably be configured to power other outlets in the coach, since almost all the non GFCI outlets are controlled by one breaker on the 110v side.
2015 Days Camped-53

2016 Days Camped-51
Old 08-04-2016, 07:07 AM   #17

The prowatt inverter on my 378 is currently dedicated to my residential fridge. The inverter has a standard two outlet GFI on its face. Any reason one should not simply run a cord from the open outlet to power the TV?
Old 08-04-2016, 01:46 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberNail View Post
Thanks for all the answers. My question was whether the inverter also fed the TV outlets, in addition to the residential refrigerator, making it possible to watch TV without having to be connected to shore power, or running the generator. Apparently none of the Georgetowns or Georgetown XL's are wired for this. I was looking at the competition and many of them are set up with the inverter supporting the TV outlet. Seems like a no-brainer to me for them to do that.
It does not but many owners have run a plug up the TV from the inverter. Not hard to do.
Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 03:07 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360true View Post
The prowatt inverter on my 378 is currently dedicated to my residential fridge. The inverter has a standard two outlet GFI on its face. Any reason one should not simply run a cord from the open outlet to power the TV?
Sure you can. Then you TV will always run off the inverter, even if you are plugged in to shore power or running the GENSET.

Or, you could spend the $65.00 and get a second transfer relay and wire it into the breaker that controls all the NON-GFCI outlets, plug it into the second outlet on the inverter, and have power virtually all over the coach without the GENSET or Shore Power.
2015 Days Camped-53

2016 Days Camped-51
Old 08-06-2016, 06:31 PM   #20

Does seem simple enough for Forest River to do !

2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown, inverter, power