Old 07-26-2016, 11:37 PM   #1

Do the 2017 Georgetown XL inverters power the TV?

In shopping I've found that almost all the competitive coaches with inverters supply power to both the residential frig, the TVs and the passenger seat 110v outlet. Don't see any mention of this in the GT brochures and don't trust the sales folks to give me a factual answer. Any new owners with hands on knowledge??

Old 07-27-2016, 12:19 PM   #2

The inverter on our 364 only powers the residential frig

Old 07-27-2016, 12:30 PM   #3

Thanks. Was afraid that is the case.
Old 07-27-2016, 01:15 PM   #4

No they do not. However, I installed a 1000 watt inverter in the power bay, powered from the spare converter lugs and wired with a transfer switch to a single 15 amp breaker in the power panel above. Turns out that single breaker powers all of the TVs and all of the outlets on the driver's side of the coach as well as the outlets in the front overhead. I do not have a passenger side outlet, but my bet is that if you do (I am going to add one) it will also be powered from that single breaker. On my 335, it was an easy job and I did post the design last year. Remote on/off switch by my power panel in the bedroom.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 03:13 PM   #5

Won t swear that the TV can be used through generator, I ve never tried.
However, when starting the gen the power lights for tvs illuminate, fridge starts, all electrical outlets powered and I ve not tried the mircowave.
If there is power then they should work.
Would there be a difference between a Georgetown and Georgetown XL
Don t know The OP asked about 2017 GTs
Ours is a 2015 GT 360 I ll try soon
Old 07-28-2016, 03:19 PM   #6

On my 13 -352xl the Onan powers everything a/c and d/c while motoring down the road. Dw and kids watch movies and eat popcorn from the microwave. House Air works way better than the dash-truck air.
Old 07-28-2016, 04:17 PM   #7

Thanks for all the answers. My question was whether the inverter also fed the TV outlets, in addition to the residential refrigerator, making it possible to watch TV without having to be connected to shore power, or running the generator. Apparently none of the Georgetowns or Georgetown XL's are wired for this. I was looking at the competition and many of them are set up with the inverter supporting the TV outlet. Seems like a no-brainer to me for them to do that.
Old 07-28-2016, 04:38 PM   #8

Although it may not apply my 2017 Forester MBS TV is 12 volt although I was told it was 120 with an inverter. I looked behind and found nothing plugged into the 120 V receptacle but instead a cigarette lighter receptacle with a 12V power cord.
Old 07-28-2016, 04:53 PM   #9

Yes for the "C's". We currently have a 2013 Sunseeker 2300 and it too has 12v TVs. In looking at upsizing to the Georgetown XLs I noticed that there were no 12v TVs. While on a RV dealer lot I asked about the 12v TVs (we frequently roadside while traveling and prefer not to disturb the neighbors with the generator) he remarked that while none of his Class A's had 12v TV, most of them now has residential refrigerators and that the inverters that supported them also fed the TV outlets. I looked, and sure nuff true. However, he did not have any 2017 Georgetowns. I could ask a dealer about this but generally they tell you whatever they think might help the sale.
Old 07-28-2016, 05:33 PM   #10

On my 13 -352xl the Onan powers everything a/c and d/c while motoring down the road. Dw and kids watch movies and eat popcorn from the microwave.

Tags
georgetown, inverter, power