Old 05-07-2015, 10:21 AM   #11

377 steering and alinement

Thanks for the replys , we now have our alinement being done today and he also will be checking frame on front end . We also asked about straighting the steering wheel but he said they did not do that it had something to do with airbag or such to do that but my husband said he would get use to it .I wish in the first 90 days we would of known about the alinement because FR would of taken care of that. don't know whose responsibility that was to give us that information but I guess in the past now . Now if we could get the slide not to scratch the porcelain floor hope all will be good ! My husband retires in July after 43 years in factory and he is ready . Trying to get things taken care of on motorhome because he wants to get away from cold winters in Iowa and head to Arizona.

Old 05-07-2015, 01:45 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptynest View Post
Thanks for the replys , we now have our alinement being done today and he also will be checking frame on front end . We also asked about straighting the steering wheel but he said they did not do that it had something to do with airbag or such to do that but my husband said he would get use to it .I wish in the first 90 days we would of known about the alinement because FR would of taken care of that. don't know whose responsibility that was to give us that information but I guess in the past now . Now if we could get the slide not to scratch the porcelain floor hope all will be good ! My husband retires in July after 43 years in factory and he is ready . Trying to get things taken care of on motorhome because he wants to get away from cold winters in Iowa and head to Arizona.

When we had our alignment done the straightened the steering wheel and is perfect now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 05-07-2015, 03:56 PM   #13

Groggy rom i had the alignment checked and all is ok. What was explain to me is when FR receive
The chassis from Ford they have to remove the steering column to sit the house on the chassis then when they replace the Column the don't install it straight.
Old 05-07-2015, 03:58 PM   #14

Emptynest I had the same slide
Scratching the floor problem
My dealer with input from FR got
That one fixed in half a day
Old 05-07-2015, 07:54 PM   #15

Thanks to everyone giving feedback

I said in yesterdays post that we took it in to have alinement done and the steering wheel is almost straight, the guy that did it at a semi place said he had never seen one that was that far off !! With the little mileage we have on it he said tires on outside edges were wore a lot, he had us feel them all u could feel was the middle sticking out . He said a lot of times he would rotate but he did not want to even attempt putting the front ones on the back because of wear . Only if they would tell you when you buy them you have 90 days and FR would cover cost . The guy at shop said usually that happens when they ship the frames and they chain them down and get out of line .
Old 05-10-2015, 07:08 PM   #16

The Tru Center steering control although a bit pricey really helps, especially in windy conditions, just push a button and it does all the heavy lifting for you.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:10 PM   #17

Not sure what you are talking about

When you mentioned about just pushing button is that something you added on ?
Old 05-10-2015, 08:25 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptynest View Post
When you mentioned about just pushing button is that something you added on ?
Yes sir it is something that was added on. Here is a link that should explain everything and I can say from experience it works great.

TruCenter Steering Control | Blue Ox
Old 05-10-2015, 10:52 PM   #19

What year

Is year Georgetown do you have ? I guess never heard of this steering control but have heard of blue ox .

Tags
georgetown