Old 06-18-2015, 03:05 PM   #11
Boss Ox & Drovergirl
As Treebeard stated "Now don't be hasty"!
Yes you're a little raw from your experience and out some $$. I think the real issue is you and DW are still "all in" on camping. Give yourself a little time and learn from your experience.

Mark, Vicki, & Scout THE dog
2015 Hemisphere 282RK
2010 F250 Super Duty
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:34 PM   #12
When you have arrived at the camp site and you are at the campfire with a Bud and friends, yes, it is worth all the hassle and cost.............It is one of the few recreational events that I can take my dog and enjoy him.

saltyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:56 PM   #13
I think what you were feeling is perfectly normal. We make a mistake and get angry at ourselves, then the mistake costs us money and we dwell on it longer than we should.
Poop happens....pick it up and move on.
2015 274 RK LIMITED <'{{{{><
captainperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 04:47 PM   #14
On my 3rd year, living in it full time in a Sunseeker 3010DS (Class C) this year in West Texas. BTW I am 6'2" 280 lbs with a very small shower.

First year was great 8 days use, and learning curve whole time.

Second year had to replace 5 water system components (winter vortex freeze). 7 days and replaced door opener that broke when pulled out of my hand at Nags head.

This year so far 9 weeks running and with a whole slew of problems. Replaced bathroom faucet assembly, tiny crack from freeze (used antifreeze too), Broken door opener... again, Console DVD player stopped reading disc's after about 30 hours of use (radio and back-up camera still do work), my ATS crapped the bed on me, oven will not light, and now the bedroom slide sticks (have to refuel LP monthly, need 100 LB tank to get site service). So warranty has expired for most items and dealership wants $370.00 for all parts including 100 LP bottle (filled) to modify home which I will need for winter living.

Hell yes, I want to quit everyday.

Hell no, I love the idea of camping everyday.

Next time will be a pull behind trailer, if there is a next time.
jth8696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 04:49 PM   #15
Been rv camping 12 years. Bought a new tv and tt when I retired 5uears ago. love to travel with the Marriot on Wheels, different lifestyle for sure. and some of the places I have woke up in, this a great country with many beautiful sites to see. Enjoyed a beautiful lake side camp this weekend, camped in Yellowstone, at base of Devils tower, on the Florida coast. Point is you want a change of scenery, just fire up the rv and go. you miss more of life just sitting around, doing nothing. as far as cost, talk to someone who owns a boat, especially a house boat, same lake and appears to costs more in the long run in fuel, and dock costs. LOVE the rv and looking forward to more years of traveling in the Marriot.
Marriot2 on Wheels 2017 Flagstaff Classic 832 OKBS
2013 GMC Denali 6.6L 2500 HD DMAX w\Alison Trans
Pepper Pomeranian rescue 101 days as camping buddy
Days camped in FR, 2011 = 20, 2012 = 57, 2013 = 59
... 2014 = 39, 2015 = 52, 2016 = 68, 3 more planned
Retired :
satdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 04:58 PM   #16
I have had 3 Boats; B O A T (Bust Out Another Thousand)!!!

Putting the boats away and getting an RV!
Tboy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 05:28 PM   #17
I think most of us have pictures of our camping trips in our wallets and purses where the money used to be. The frustration and expense does get overwhelming at times. The thing to remember is that anything you "get into," be it boating, motorcycling, dog showing, horses, airplanes, etc., will have "why am I doing this to myself?" moments. So important to just breathe and let I'm learning with a brand-new rig with a laundry list of warranty work!

2015 Sunseeker 3010DS
2005 Honda Element (toad)
Now, Voyager, sail thou forth, to seek and find.
widogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 05:45 PM   #18
As almy very good wife informed me that "we are building memories". Yea I have done some damage like dropped my trailer on bed of truck.
It is part of the experience.

Relax and enjoy the journey!!
lckeehne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 07:04 PM   #19
Send a message via Yahoo to carluv
Backed my brand new 35 Ft Crossroads TT into a tree. Caught side around the plug area, and when I pulled out to see what happened, a knot on the tree ripped down the side and split the back cap almost 1/2 way up. Cost 4K to fix it, but insurance paid most of it. First trip out left awning out in a storm and water built up and in snapped right off. Another 2K.
So far better luck with the Georgetown.
carluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 07:14 PM   #20
Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
If it helps you feel better: Pulled into the new BUC-EE's today in Luling, Tx. to fuel up. Guy next to me had his wife and son Gorilla taping the roof on a BRAND new Keystone Hideout. Had paper tags on it. Said he picked it up earlier this week and this was their first outing. The rubber had ripped back 5 feet from the nose of the camper. Apparently not glued down and fastened properly. He didn't seem too upset.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote