Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2011, 11:34 AM   #1

Documenation for Georgetown 300

The documentation package for the motorhome portion of my 2011 is mostly vendor sheets regards liability clauses. I have the long slide needing repairs and have no description of how it works. The check out technician was very pointed describing the need for a backup power drill to operate the hydraulics for the slide should the hyd motor fail. Based on steel cables running along the slide ends I think the motive force may be an electric motor directly rather than hydraulics.
The unit is making the 2400 mile trip to the factory next week to get corrected and I think Georgetown is being supportive.
Nonetheless....Does anyone have a suggestion regards accessing quality technical information describing the manufactures trouble shooting recommendation or just plain as built drawings. Obviously the back up power drill would have no value if the slide is stuck in the out position. Other commenter s have said they manually pushed the unit back in place, but does this cause more damage. Where,,,,, try again,,, are there any fuses.

Documentation references are appreciated.

pops
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:53 AM   #2

ask armstrong if he can get you documentation .my 300 is at the factory for slide and other problems let me know how you make out
rogann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:38 AM   #3

Due to bad weather I had the opportunity to search the internet yesterday for about 3 hours in search of documentation for my 300 slideout. Previously I had thought Lippert was the oem because they supplied the lift and when the lift is hydraulic there is commen parts. Lippert also sold cable system parts but could not find them representing cable SYSTEMS. Finally went to another motor home mfg and found their cable slides to be mfg by Accu-Slide. The Accu-slide site lead to very complete documentation describing the installation, and repair of the cable slide system. Parts were very similar to those offered by Lippert, to the extent I could have compared part numbers. Bottom line the Accu-slide 18 page repair manual will be in the on board information file in my motor home.

Based on review of the manual I feel much better about
1 should electrical failure occur while the slide is out, (fuse,motor,switch,ground) I know where the attachment is on the back part of the motor to hook a portable drill to and operate the slide to get on the road to a repair location.
2 should cable failure occur, I know the procedure to replace and the potential requirement for blocking the slide against movement till repaired
3 The above two failures should not be routine and are reflective of excessive motor torque and jamming. Correcting the mechanical trueness of the slide itself and or realignment of the pulleys and cable terminations would be examples of permanent fixes, and require a large shop capability.

I am pleased that Forest river will be picking up my unit next week for the implementation of permanent fixes

pops
Old 12-04-2011, 11:22 AM   #4
A line slideouts

Ok the lift system on your 300 is equalizer and the cables you are seeing is part of the norco system. The fuses for the system are silver at the bottom of the fuses and there is a relay modual located in the cabinet beside the bed in the same area as the water heater. The manual over ride is on the motor above the room in the center and is what the silver flexible attachment tool sent with your unit is for because the way the system operates you will never be able to push it in by hand! Hope this helps I'm sure I'll see your unit back at the shop next week to help make it better for you.
Chuck692020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:49 AM   #5

Chuck thanks for the info... I am doing the winterizing process today and the driver is to show up on the 15th with arrival on the 20 th
Old 01-05-2012, 03:05 PM   #6

Chuck,,Armstrong this morning indicated that my 300 georgetown is nearing completion. I had sent with the mh a status sheet of the various systems and photo location of a switch installed associated with the steps. Was this type of info helpful???
pops
Old 01-05-2012, 10:03 PM   #7
Anacortesians

We bought our '02 GT325 from the original owner and he handed over all the documentation he got when he bought it. The FR stuff is so vague, not even specific to a Class A, as to only be good for lighting a campfire. It repeatedly refers to "your vehicle-specific owner's manual" but there's no evidence such a document exists. If anyone from FR/GT reads this and can provide one, I'd be gob-smacked.

I find the various system vendor documents to be quite useful. Although not really "Owner's Guides" they do describe the systems in enough detail to allow one to figure them out.