Old 07-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoucrazey View Post
My Dometic 310 toilet wouldn't hold water in the bowl after the first year, replaced the rubber ball valve gasket seal for $30.00 and helped for a little while.
Its over three years old so finally called the Dometic service center to see if they had a fix and was told if the toilet was 2 years old or lees they would replace the toilet for free but three years old they couldn't help me and they don't have a replacement for the ball valve seat.
So I purchased a Thetford and trashed the Dometic 310 toilet.
The flap to gasket fit doesn't last very long. If you use bees wax or candle wax (warmed and softened) on the flap and the bottom of the gasket it will seal again for months. I've kept mine tight for 2 years that way.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #12

Well as you guys have instructed, I unscrewed the water line to the toilet. I can't believe how much grit poured out of the opening. Used the back end of a toothpick with colored streamers to try to clean out the the inlet. Screwed water line back on, turned on the pump, flushed,,, and no water flow! Huh, unscrewed water line again, more grit poors out, turn on pump to make sure water line is clear, screw onto toilet and Presto! Strong solid flush.

Now here's my question, if the whole house water supply runs thru the water filter, where does all that crud come from?

sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:51 PM   #13

Excuse me for butting in, but I have the exact same problem, but only when I'm on the pump. When I'm on city water the the toilet flushes pretty good.
2013 Wrangler Unlimited
Couple of Harley's (When not pulling the Jeep!)
Deland, Fl
Roadglider09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:27 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman12
Well as you guys have instructed, I unscrewed the water line to the toilet. I can't believe how much grit poured out of the opening. Used the back end of a toothpick with colored streamers to try to clean out the the inlet. Screwed water line back on, turned on the pump, flushed,,, and no water flow! Huh, unscrewed water line again, more grit poors out, turn on pump to make sure water line is clear, screw onto toilet and Presto! Strong solid flush.

Now here's my question, if the whole house water supply runs thru the water filter, where does all that crud come from?
Crud is from pipefitting beyond the filter, great majority of piping.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:23 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadglider09 View Post
Excuse me for butting in, but I have the exact same problem, but only when I'm on the pump. When I'm on city water the the toilet flushes pretty good.
Sounds like your problem is probably with the pump and not the toilet. City water and pump water use the same lines so if it flushes well on city then it should flush the same on the pump.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:41 AM   #16

You were right!! my line was full of crud. Cleaned it all out, put the line back on and it works like brand new
Thanks to everyone
What a great forum!!!
2010 Toyota Prius
mkaminski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #17

Angry

Ok, so now that I know to clean out the strainer behind the toilet, the question is how many more times am I going to have to do this??? I've had this coach for 2 weeks and I've already had to clean the valve out 4 times!! Is this eventually going to clear up, or am I looking at doing this twice a week for the rest of my life?
2013 Wrangler Unlimited
Deland, Fl
Old 09-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #18

Quote:
Ok, so now that I know to clean out the strainer behind the toilet, the question is how many more times am I going to have to do this??? I've had this coach for 2 weeks and I've already had to clean the valve out 4 times!! Is this eventually going to clear up, or am I looking at doing this twice a week for the rest of my life?
Ummm. My guess is until you clean out your lines/tank or maybe you have a problem with your water filter. Have you looked at it? Do you have on installed?
This is mine but your may be in a different area.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	April_17_2012 041.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	39251  

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #19

Iggy

My set up is exactly the same as your pic. What I'm getting out of the valve looks like dark-ish gray sand, and very small chunks of white plastic.

My water filter is also identical to yours. Can you tell me where you buy replacements? Is there a part number?
2013 Wrangler Unlimited
Deland, Fl
Old 09-04-2013, 10:21 PM   #20

Quote:
Iggy

My set up is exactly the same as your pic. What I'm getting out of the valve looks like dark-ish gray sand, and very small chunks of white plastic.

My water filter is also identical to yours. Can you tell me where you buy replacements? Is there a part number?
I bought two at Home Depot.
They are NOT the real expensive ones but they must have a hole all the way thru the center. I believe they cost $9 for two.
I believe this is them LINK
GE 3/4 in. Pleated Replacement Filters (2-Pack)-FXWPC at The Home Depot
Attached Images

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote