Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #1

Dometic 310 Toilet

I am on my second Dometic 310 toilet because the flush pressure disappears down to a trickle. The first one the dealer replaced under the 30 day used warranty even though it was well past 30 days. Now the second one is doing the same, cropping up again over the July 4th holiday. Last year while in Nashville the work camper with a 2010 378 told me there is a screw of some sorts in the foot pedal mechanism that needs to be constantly tightened. Anyone else out there experience this same problem?
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #2
Always Learning

I have not. But, we did have a Dometic rep posting in the awning recall thread. Maybe you could find her and send her a PM...
Old 07-09-2013, 01:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman12 View Post
I am on my second Dometic 310 toilet because the flush pressure disappears down to a trickle. The first one the dealer replaced under the 30 day used warranty even though it was well past 30 days. Now the second one is doing the same, cropping up again over the July 4th holiday. Last year while in Nashville the work camper with a 2010 378 told me there is a screw of some sorts in the foot pedal mechanism that needs to be constantly tightened. Anyone else out there experience this same problem?
We have the same problem with ours. Several times a year I remove the water inlet line from the rear of the toilet and gently dig the accumulated silt out . Apparently the inlet is so small it traps the sediment in the line and gradually stops the water flow. I've heard there is an updated valve available which may cure the problem.

Only takes a few minutes to clear it out though, and it works fine for a month or so.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #4
Campfire Master

My 310 is doing the same thing. Was going to wait until the end of the season to deal with. I don't want to risk losing a camp week because it's at the dealer.
Flush works great at the beginning of the week, but the flush flow falls almost to zero after a few days of use.
AVid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #5
Pete

DITTO "Ohiobill"'s comments, I do the same thing whenever water flow slows down.

I find silt, PVC shavings, calcification particles, etc. Takes about 1-15 minutes to clean out.

Increases water flow immediately.

2010 GT 378
gartonhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:56 PM   #6

Our 2010 373 which we purchased about 6 weeks age did the same thing, hardly any water flow. I removed the valve and cleaned out the particles that the screen had caught.
rm373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #7

To all who have answered my query, Thank You! You have made my day!
Old 07-10-2013, 06:19 PM   #8

Mine is doing the same thing!! How do you pull the valve out?

Thanks,
Old 07-10-2013, 06:38 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaminski View Post
Mine is doing the same thing!! How do you pull the valve out?

Thanks,
You don't have to pull the valve.

Turn the water off outside,
then disconnect the water line where it attaches to the toilet.

You probably don't need any tools.

Be sure to put a bowl under the connection, there's a lot of water in the line.

I use a plastic tooth pick and a paper towel to dig the stuff out.

ab&jb
Old 07-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #10

My Dometic 310 toilet wouldn't hold water in the bowl after the first year, replaced the rubber ball valve gasket seal for $30.00 and helped for a little while.
Its over three years old so finally called the Dometic service center to see if they had a fix and was told if the toilet was 2 years old or lees they would replace the toilet for free but three years old they couldn't help me and they don't have a replacement for the ball valve seat.
So I purchased a Thetford and trashed the Dometic 310 toilet.
ryoucrazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:09 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoucrazey View Post
My Dometic 310 toilet wouldn't hold water in the bowl after the first year, replaced the rubber ball valve gasket seal for $30.00 and helped for a little while.
Its over three years old so finally called the Dometic service center to see if they had a fix and was told if the toilet was 2 years old or lees they would replace the toilet for free but three years old they couldn't help me and they don't have a replacement for the ball valve seat.
So I purchased a Thetford and trashed the Dometic 310 toilet.
The flap to gasket fit doesn't last very long. If you use bees wax or candle wax (warmed and softened) on the flap and the bottom of the gasket it will seal again for months. I've kept mine tight for 2 years that way.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #12

Well as you guys have instructed, I unscrewed the water line to the toilet. I can't believe how much grit poured out of the opening. Used the back end of a toothpick with colored streamers to try to clean out the the inlet. Screwed water line back on, turned on the pump, flushed,,, and no water flow! Huh, unscrewed water line again, more grit poors out, turn on pump to make sure water line is clear, screw onto toilet and Presto! Strong solid flush.

Now here's my question, if the whole house water supply runs thru the water filter, where does all that crud come from?
Old 08-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #13

Excuse me for butting in, but I have the exact same problem, but only when I'm on the pump. When I'm on city water the the toilet flushes pretty good.
2013 Wrangler Unlimited
Couple of Harley's (When not pulling the Jeep!)
Deland, Fl
Roadglider09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman12
Well as you guys have instructed, I unscrewed the water line to the toilet. I can't believe how much grit poured out of the opening. Used the back end of a toothpick with colored streamers to try to clean out the the inlet. Screwed water line back on, turned on the pump, flushed,,, and no water flow! Huh, unscrewed water line again, more grit poors out, turn on pump to make sure water line is clear, screw onto toilet and Presto! Strong solid flush.

Now here's my question, if the whole house water supply runs thru the water filter, where does all that crud come from?
Crud is from pipefitting beyond the filter, great majority of piping.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:23 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadglider09 View Post
Excuse me for butting in, but I have the exact same problem, but only when I'm on the pump. When I'm on city water the the toilet flushes pretty good.
Sounds like your problem is probably with the pump and not the toilet. City water and pump water use the same lines so if it flushes well on city then it should flush the same on the pump.
rm373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:41 AM   #16

You were right!! my line was full of crud. Cleaned it all out, put the line back on and it works like brand new
Thanks to everyone
What a great forum!!!
Old 09-04-2013, 10:43 AM   #17

Angry

Ok, so now that I know to clean out the strainer behind the toilet, the question is how many more times am I going to have to do this??? I've had this coach for 2 weeks and I've already had to clean the valve out 4 times!! Is this eventually going to clear up, or am I looking at doing this twice a week for the rest of my life?
2013 Wrangler Unlimited
Deland, Fl
Old 09-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #18

Quote:
Ok, so now that I know to clean out the strainer behind the toilet, the question is how many more times am I going to have to do this??? I've had this coach for 2 weeks and I've already had to clean the valve out 4 times!! Is this eventually going to clear up, or am I looking at doing this twice a week for the rest of my life?
Ummm. My guess is until you clean out your lines/tank or maybe you have a problem with your water filter. Have you looked at it? Do you have on installed?
This is mine but your may be in a different area.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	April_17_2012 041.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	39251  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:47 PM   #19

Iggy

My set up is exactly the same as your pic. What I'm getting out of the valve looks like dark-ish gray sand, and very small chunks of white plastic.

My water filter is also identical to yours. Can you tell me where you buy replacements? Is there a part number?
2013 Wrangler Unlimited
Deland, Fl
Old 09-04-2013, 09:21 PM   #20

Quote:
Iggy

My set up is exactly the same as your pic. What I'm getting out of the valve looks like dark-ish gray sand, and very small chunks of white plastic.

My water filter is also identical to yours. Can you tell me where you buy replacements? Is there a part number?
I bought two at Home Depot.
They are NOT the real expensive ones but they must have a hole all the way thru the center. I believe they cost $9 for two.
I believe this is them LINK
GE 3/4 in. Pleated Replacement Filters (2-Pack)-FXWPC at The Home Depot
Attached Images

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote