Old 08-19-2013, 10:13 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by intercept View Post
Thanks for the clip info. Of course I got the same as you, I listen to what you say :<). So I sent an Email back to to DForce on EBay and asked for the clips. Thanks, John
My 2010 378 is in repair shop for new steps
Lipperts lasted 6 months) . Finally had them pull out the fridge due to hi temps every time we travel. Joe at J&L found the vent not completely over coils and too much head space. Not installed to Dometic's instructions. Joe put another fan near top of fridge and lowered the enclosure top space. I've requested financial assistance from FR as these problems started at purchase. Let's see if they cover it. MattM

Old 08-29-2013, 06:25 PM   #22

After continual problems, took my rig to J&L RV Repair...Joe pulled out the fridge and found the vent not directly over the coils of the fridge and too much head room. He installed an additional fan with a switch near the top set of fins and lowered the fridge ceiling area to Dometic's specs. Very nice of Forest River, especially April Conner to cover the costs. I will keep you posted with results.

Old 07-22-2014, 08:01 PM   #23

Hi Iggy and Norwood,

We live in Palm Springs, CA. It gets quite warm in the desert, as you can well imagine.

We have a two-door refrigerator (upper freezer and lower refrigerator). We make sure both doors are closed as they should be.

The two fans we have are on the backside of the refrigerator (one at the bottom blowing up and one at the top blowing down).

I looked at Iggy's screenshot of the fins in the refrigerator. I gather you are talking about the fans in the middle of the fins. There's also something on the shelf below the fins (looks "reddish). What is this?

When we get outside of the desert area where it's warm both day and night, the refrigerator cools down. It's during the day at the refrigerator warms up.

There's a "digital red temperature" screen above the freezer door. We don't trust the digital readout. We purchased a digital temperature gauge from Radio Shack. The readout is outside of the refrigerator. We set the sensor (looks like a small box) inside the refrigerator. The sensor transmits to the monitor outside the refrigerator. This gauge seems to work well.

As we have traveled north and the daytime/evening temperatures have dropped, the refrigerator has been working much better. We had it set at "5" (coldest). Now, we've adjusted the temperature setting to "4" since it was dropping the refrigerator to freezing or lower.

You're right. There is no insulation anywhere around the refrigerator. I'm really surprised that Forest River (Georgetown) would build a coach with a design that assures the refrigerator will not work properly.

Perhaps, Forest River needs to put a "warning" sticker by the front entrance door to the coach indicating "This coach is designed ONLY for cold temperature areas, so plan your trips accordingly. Heed this warning or get sick from food spoilage. The choice is yours!"

The 2011 Georgetown XL 337 DS coach we purchased has a lot of good features that we like. Unfortunately, certain things like the "falling ceiling" (apparently the glue used to bond the ceiling to the roof was crappy) and the "refrigerator" only performs properly in certain temperature climates. The 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 37' coach was not as fancy (roomy) as the 2011 Georgetown; however, Winnebago build a more solid coach.

We like the 2011 Georgetown despite the problems we're spending money to make repair. However, we're terribly disappointed that Forest River (Georgetown) does not live up to Warren Buffet's standard of excellence.

I plan to write directly to Warren Buffet about our experience thus far with the 2011 Georgetown coach. I doubt that anything will come in way of response. But, at least he will learn about our experience.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences with us.

Rick Lillie
Palm Springs, CA.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:43 AM   #24

I knew a Rick Lillie that worked with me at CRC.? Is this the same? Matt Martel
Old 07-23-2014, 11:41 AM   #25

No. I don't know what CRC is. Thank you for asking.

Rick Lillie
Old 08-03-2014, 09:38 PM   #26

California Rehabilitation Center, a state prison
Old 08-04-2014, 12:05 AM   #27

Sorry. I've never worked there or knew about the organization.