Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2011, 07:01 AM   #1

Door key doesn't work

I just took delivery of my Georgetown 280 and the front door key doesn't seem to want to work. I'm assuming its the gold colored key marked "AtriMark". I'm afraid to try turning it too hard for fear of breaking the key. Any suggestions?

I can manually lock the door from the inside, so I know the mechanism is working.
mauidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:06 AM   #2

The gold colored key an my Georgetown 374 is only for the 'deadbolt" lock on the door. The "regular" lock key key that is lockable from the inside is silver with black plastic. Looks very much like the key used for the storage doors.
peskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:40 AM   #3

Talking

I just bought a new Salem Villa Estate 392flfb and found i had to lube all lock's to make them work properly. A little WD40 did the trick.
camper007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:35 AM   #4
Kanadian Kamper

Not sure if there is any standard to the keys but.........

Our 2010 330TS has a brass coloured square head key for the deadbolt, and a black plastic covering over the brass coloured round head for the regular door lock. Although the keys may fit into the lock for each other, they may jam if inserted into each other.

Word is that the regular lock is common across a number of RVs, and your deadbolt lock is the most unique individual lock you may have.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:44 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper007 View Post
I just bought a new Salem Villa Estate 392flfb and found i had to lube all lock's to make them work properly. A little WD40 did the trick.

The guy at Lowes warned me about using WD40 in locks - he said not to because it can ruin the lock. There is a tube of something else that I can't think of the name but is designed for locks and is only a few dollars.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier

The guy at Lowes warned me about using WD40 in locks - he said not to because it can ruin the lock. There is a tube of something else that I can't think of the name but is designed for locks and is only a few dollars.
Powdered graphite
Old 06-22-2011, 05:58 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by leencharlotte View Post
Powdered graphite
Thanks - That's the name! I know where to find it in the key making section at my local Lowes.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:34 PM   #8
Retired US Navy Diver

RV Lock Keyless Remote for Trailers, 5th Wheel and Campers. Great Christmas Xmas Present!!

This website carries replacement RV door handles that can be lock operated w/ a remote.
gktsuda1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:40 PM   #9

I also have the 280. There are 2 locks on the door. The lock outside the door handle is opened with the gold key marked "TRI/MARK" (The symbol on the key looks like an "A", but it isn't). The lock inside the handle is opened with the black-headed key (Also marked "TRI/MARK").

Gary Shapiro, 2011 Georgetown 29' Class A
Dash, Molly & Lily - now at the Bridge and forever in my heart
Shadow - 4-year-old Greyhound
Hannah - 1 1/2-year-old GSD rescue
dashonthedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:28 AM   #10

Thanks for all the help. I found the right keys. The problem is that the dealer gave me two sets of keys and one set didn't work. They have different key codes. I tried the second set and they worked pefectly. Thanks dealer for the frustration!
mauidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:35 PM   #11

The funny part is that some other guy probably also got one wrong set of keys. He probably has the set for your unit and you have a set for his.