Old 02-09-2013, 11:17 PM   #1
E/SA DART

Drain?

I recently purchased a 2004 303 se how do u drain the fresh water tank and how do you know when it is full when filling? sounds dumb but my old MH (1977) had a drain valve and was gravity fill.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:26 AM   #2

Our 2004 326 has a tube with a screw off cap at the back of the hatch just above the propane tank. There are a couple of low-point drains there too.

Not sure how tell when it is full since the fill hook up is clear on the other side. We just got ours in December and haven't even used it yet.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:29 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

when water comes out the over flow its full.....
now sometimes water will come out of the over because of trapped air so its necessary to fill the fw tank slowly .
My unit takes me about 25 minutes to fill as I trickle it in .
To fast can also rupture the tank as the air cannot escape faster than the water being introduced .

TURBS
Old 02-10-2013, 09:59 AM   #4
E/SA DART

Thanks everyone hope to drain and fill today.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:48 PM   #5

I don't agree with the prior post about rupturing the tank. There is an overflow hose on the water tank that not only relieves extra pressure but actually siphons out even more water. If you search this site for "siphon" you can read the whole extensive thread. Lots of us have been through this problem. I always urge new folks to spend the time to read all the pages in this site about our units. The answers are there. The problems are not new and many, many bright folks have already dealt with your problem(s).

I've modified my system to take in all the fresh water tank capacity plus some more if I'm not careful. Again, check the siphon thread. On a stock unit you can't overfill. You can't even 100% fill. Have fun and take the time to learn all the short cuts this site so wonderfully provides.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:48 AM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawfive View Post
I don't agree with the prior post about rupturing the tank. There is an overflow hose on the water tank that not only relieves extra pressure but actually siphons out even more water. If you search this site for "siphon" you can read the whole extensive thread. Lots of us have been through this problem. I always urge new folks to spend the time to read all the pages in this site about our units. The answers are there. The problems are not new and many, many bright folks have already dealt with your problem(s).

I've modified my system to take in all the fresh water tank capacity plus some more if I'm not careful. Again, check the siphon thread. On a stock unit you can't overfill. You can't even 100% fill. Have fun and take the time to learn all the short cuts this site so wonderfully provides.

Believe it!
It happened.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:12 AM   #7
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Believe it!
It happened.
Could not have been much of a tank and no vent to create enough pressure to bust.
I've dealt with the syphon issue as well. Added a 1" PVC Valve to the vent line. I close it when we travel and open once we reach our destination. Prior to adding the valve we lost 2/3 of the water in the tank on one trip. It was off-season so the water supply had been turned off at the campground. The road into the place was like a mine field, pot holes and just a bad road. The rocking back and forth allowed the water to run out the vent and it just sucked it down until the vacuum finally stopped.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:19 AM   #8

Seems like many fill their water tank to the max while travelling.
I only keep enough water in my tank for toilet and sink while travelling.
Usually 1/4 tank is plenty and don't have to lug around all that extra weight.
Now if you plan on going to a dry camp site that is a reason to fill but I haven't dry camp for more than 3 days and still managed well.

Still good information about the syphoning

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:22 AM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post

Could not have been much of a tank and no vent to create enough pressure to bust.
I've dealt with the syphon issue as well. Added a 1" PVC Valve to the vent line. I close it when we travel and open once we reach our destination. Prior to adding the valve we lost 2/3 of the water in the tank on one trip. It was off-season so the water supply had been turned off at the campground. The road into the place was like a mine field, pot holes and just a bad road. The rocking back and forth allowed the water to run out the vent and it just sucked it down until the vacuum finally stopped.
Tank had a perfectly working vent .
Water in exceeded air out and ballooned tank to a very out of shape size .
Albeit it did not "burst" per say it needed replaced.