Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2014, 02:11 PM   #1
Member
 
Bubbamace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Beautiful California
Posts: 83
drawer slides

Hi everyone. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem I'm having? Trying to find the very small drawer slides for our wardrobe drawer in our Georgetown model GTA352XLF motor home. They are approximately 12" long and have long extensions to secure them to the back of the cabinet. Trying to get parts from Forest River is next to impossible as far as I can see. Everything says to go to the dealer who is not helpful. Does anyone have a way to get factory parts that I don't know about? I've ordered four sets of drawer slides and they have all been too large. Any help would sure be appreciated.
__________________

__________________
Bubbamace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:18 PM   #2
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbamace View Post
Hi everyone. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem I'm having? Trying to find the very small drawer slides for our wardrobe drawer in our Georgetown model GTA352XLF motor home. They are approximately 12" long and have long extensions to secure them to the back of the cabinet. Trying to get parts from Forest River is next to impossible as far as I can see. Everything says to go to the dealer who is not helpful. Does anyone have a way to get factory parts that I don't know about? I've ordered four sets of drawer slides and they have all been too large. Any help would sure be appreciated.
Might be easier to take one side out and go to Lowes/HD and get a new set that matches or is close, they're not that expensive.
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:25 PM   #3
Member
 
Bubbamace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Beautiful California
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Might be easier to take one side out and go to Lowes/HD and get a new set that matches or is close, they're not that expensive.
Thanks for the thought, Old Coot. I tried that, but the slides are way too large. I'm considering making the drawer smaller to accommodate the larger slides, but would really like to find the smaller slides that Forest River uses. I even went to an RV store and ordered the smallest slides they had, but they were also too large. I'm surprised that Forest River doesn't have a parts store where you could get these parts.
__________________
Bubbamace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:30 PM   #4
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
How about a picture of the drawers and the slides?
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:31 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
davel1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Seaford, De
Posts: 2,317
Woodworking Tools Supplies Hardware Plans Finishing - Rockler.com
Check this site out. Lots of slides, and in the info they give all the dimensions to help you pick.
__________________
David & Lynn
2014 Coachmen Chaparral Signature 327 RLKS
2016 Ford F350 Lariat CC Dually
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:32 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: South West PA
Posts: 2,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbamace View Post
Thanks for the thought, Old Coot. I tried that, but the slides are way too large. I'm considering making the drawer smaller to accommodate the larger slides, but would really like to find the smaller slides that Forest River uses. I even went to an RV store and ordered the smallest slides they had, but they were also too large. I'm surprised that Forest River doesn't have a parts store where you could get these parts.
Do a search on the internet and/or check with a local cabinet shop or millwork manufacturer. 12" may be hard to find in a retail store.
__________________
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:34 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: South West PA
Posts: 2,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfox View Post
Do a search on the internet and/or check with a local cabinet shop or millwork manufacturer. 12" may be hard to find in a retail store.
FYI on the drawer slides

Rockler - Search Results for drawer slides
__________________
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 04:55 PM   #8
Member
 
Bubbamace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Beautiful California
Posts: 83
Thanks davel1971 and grayfox. I'll check these sites out. The problem is most of the slides that are 12" long are either too wide requiring narrowing the drawer. I've looked at so many drawer slide sites and these slides are 12" X 1 1/4 X 1/2" wide. Most are 3/4 wide to handle the weight most home drawers have to hold i.e. 75 lbs or more. I will look at the sites you gave me. Thanks to both of you.
__________________
Bubbamace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:29 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
mark0224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,443
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...0,160,0,T_.jpg

Knape & Vogt Kv8400 Brv12 12 In. Rv Stay-Close 100Lb Drawer Slide - Anochrome

Don't know if this is what you want found them on Amazon
__________________
mark0224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:07 PM   #10
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: South West PA
Posts: 2,947
More info

Knape & Vogt 8400 Drawer Slide Zinc (knape-vogt-8400-z) | Shop, Buy and SAVE at DrawerSlides.com
__________________

__________________
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
slide, slide out

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 PM.