Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2014, 01:11 PM   #1

drawer slides

Hi everyone. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem I'm having? Trying to find the very small drawer slides for our wardrobe drawer in our Georgetown model GTA352XLF motor home. They are approximately 12" long and have long extensions to secure them to the back of the cabinet. Trying to get parts from Forest River is next to impossible as far as I can see. Everything says to go to the dealer who is not helpful. Does anyone have a way to get factory parts that I don't know about? I've ordered four sets of drawer slides and they have all been too large. Any help would sure be appreciated.
Bubbamace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:18 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbamace View Post
Hi everyone. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem I'm having? Trying to find the very small drawer slides for our wardrobe drawer in our Georgetown model GTA352XLF motor home. They are approximately 12" long and have long extensions to secure them to the back of the cabinet. Trying to get parts from Forest River is next to impossible as far as I can see. Everything says to go to the dealer who is not helpful. Does anyone have a way to get factory parts that I don't know about? I've ordered four sets of drawer slides and they have all been too large. Any help would sure be appreciated.
Might be easier to take one side out and go to Lowes/HD and get a new set that matches or is close, they're not that expensive.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Might be easier to take one side out and go to Lowes/HD and get a new set that matches or is close, they're not that expensive.
Thanks for the thought, Old Coot. I tried that, but the slides are way too large. I'm considering making the drawer smaller to accommodate the larger slides, but would really like to find the smaller slides that Forest River uses. I even went to an RV store and ordered the smallest slides they had, but they were also too large. I'm surprised that Forest River doesn't have a parts store where you could get these parts.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:30 PM   #4
Mod free 5er

How about a picture of the drawers and the slides?
Old 03-16-2014, 01:31 PM   #5

Woodworking Tools Supplies Hardware Plans Finishing - Rockler.com
Check this site out. Lots of slides, and in the info they give all the dimensions to help you pick.
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:32 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbamace View Post
Thanks for the thought, Old Coot. I tried that, but the slides are way too large. I'm considering making the drawer smaller to accommodate the larger slides, but would really like to find the smaller slides that Forest River uses. I even went to an RV store and ordered the smallest slides they had, but they were also too large. I'm surprised that Forest River doesn't have a parts store where you could get these parts.
Do a search on the internet and/or check with a local cabinet shop or millwork manufacturer. 12" may be hard to find in a retail store.
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:34 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfox View Post
Do a search on the internet and/or check with a local cabinet shop or millwork manufacturer. 12" may be hard to find in a retail store.
FYI on the drawer slides

Rockler - Search Results for drawer slides
Old 03-16-2014, 03:55 PM   #8

Thanks davel1971 and grayfox. I'll check these sites out. The problem is most of the slides that are 12" long are either too wide requiring narrowing the drawer. I've looked at so many drawer slide sites and these slides are 12" X 1 1/4 X 1/2" wide. Most are 3/4 wide to handle the weight most home drawers have to hold i.e. 75 lbs or more. I will look at the sites you gave me. Thanks to both of you.
Old 03-16-2014, 04:29 PM   #9

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...0,160,0,T_.jpg

Knape & Vogt Kv8400 Brv12 12 In. Rv Stay-Close 100Lb Drawer Slide - Anochrome

Don't know if this is what you want found them on Amazon
mark0224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:07 PM   #10
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

More info

Knape & Vogt 8400 Drawer Slide Zinc (knape-vogt-8400-z) | Shop, Buy and SAVE at DrawerSlides.com
Old 03-16-2014, 09:26 PM   #11

I have seen roller slides that attach to the underneath of the drawer.
They are very narrow slides made for your problem.
Search the internet for draw roller slides.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:27 PM   #12

found both of those on amazon just typing in RV drawer slides . they had a variety of different ones.
mark0224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:34 AM   #13

This is the place I got mine. I made a small drawer under the oven and they had the size I needed. Also made a small drawer in the bedroom by the sink and needed an 8" long slide. They had them also and very cheap.
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:09 PM   #14

Thanks, mark0224 and grayfox. I've looked at all the slides mentioned here so far and none is the lightweight, metal slides I need. I have never seen slides this small and have now narrowed the drawer and will use the larger slides. Thanks to all who took the time to answer.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:49 PM   #15

I never found them either for my 2008 373ds. FR was no help and the dealer less so. Still broken but at least the bearing balls have all fallen out so the darn thing does not slide open while driving any longer.
gbburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:23 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbburgess View Post
I never found them either for my 2008 373ds. FR was no help and the dealer less so. Still broken but at least the bearing balls have all fallen out so the darn thing does not slide open while driving any longer.
gbburgess, what I finally did is take the face of the drawer off with the screws that secure it and narrow the drawer itself. It was real simple. I narrowed the drawer 1/8" on each side and then used standard hinges that are larger that everyone suggested. The drawer works great and I only lost 1/4". Also the hinges are much larger and stronger to hold my 75 pounds of underwear. ha ha ha.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:18 PM   #17

Here is a few pictures of my pantry draw slides and how I secured them in place while travelling. I picked up the locks at Home Depot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MH March 2014 001.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	49048   Click image for larger version

Name:	MH March 2014 002.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	49049   Click image for larger version

Name:	MH March 2014 005.jpg
Views:	119