Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2012, 08:39 PM   #1

Dream Dinette

Just installed the Dream Dinette mechanism in my rig. It is awesome, but it did not come with installation Instructions. Would anyone be willing to share pics of the underside of the table that shows how the nylon slide mechanism and the locking lever work?
The device goes up and down as it is supposed to but I can't seem to get the lever to stay in the locked position. Not sure if I did something wrong on the install. When I lift it to dining height I have to manually put the lever in to the locked position, but the lever won't stay locked.
Thanks!
Sterling All-Terrain Tow Bar - SMI Stay-In-Play Duo
Do What You Like - Like What You Do!
Los Popes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:50 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Popes View Post
Just installed the Dream Dinette mechanism in my rig. It is awesome, but it did not come with installation Instructions. Would anyone be willing to share pics of the underside of the table that shows how the nylon slide mechanism and the locking lever work?
The device goes up and down as it is supposed to but I can't seem to get the lever to stay in the locked position. Not sure if I did something wrong on the install. When I lift it to dining height I have to manually put the lever in to the locked position, but the lever won't stay locked.
Thanks!

I'd give the manufacturer a call tomorrow.
Cass Hudson

Cass Hudson Co.

Elkhart Office
28117 Charlotte Ave.
Elkhart, IN 46517
Phone: 800-423-1511
Fax: 574-970-3100
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:07 PM   #3

I happen to be in the motorhome today doing some work so here are some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0973.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	17292   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0974.jpg
Views:	768
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	17293   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0975.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	17294   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0976.jpg
Views:	1673
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	17295  
Old 07-31-2012, 07:47 AM   #4

Jsutherl,
Thanks so much! This is exactly what I needed to see. I didn't have the lever place properly - it worked but would not stay locked. This will be an easy fix for me. Thanks again!
Adam
Sterling All-Terrain Tow Bar - SMI Stay-In-Play Duo
Do What You Like - Like What You Do!
Los Popes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:23 PM   #5
10Isola

I too have the dream dinette - love it. I still haven't installed my locking arm because it extends past the end of the table. I don't believe I installed it wrong. My table just might be shorter. I'll need to cut the arm short and make a bend for the handle. Thanks for the pics. The instructions weren't the best.
10Isola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:29 AM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Bought the Dream Dinette on line, received it yesterday and as stated by others no installation instructions. There was no paperwork at all with it. I sent an email to Cass Hudson. It doesn't look too complicated, but I would like to do it correct the first time. Can anyone tell me if they included the screws to mount the thing to the wall and the table top?? I didn't get anything other than the couple nuts and bolts.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #7

Charlie,
No I didn't get any screws either. I had to hit Home Depot for some #10 1 1/4" screws to hold it to the wall. I also had to buy a piece of finish plywood and cut it to size as a filler for the bottom of the table (see pictures above) And I bought some various lengths of SPAX wood screws (my favorite wood screw) and used those and some wood glue to attach the filler to the table. Then more SPAX to attach the support to the filler piece and bottom of the table.

I think you can see all that in the pictures above if you look closely.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:52 PM   #8
10Isola

I know with my installation I wasn't able to get great screw purchase on some of the mounting screws on the walls. Did you have this issue, and if so what did you use? Some sort of Molly screw?
Old 11-01-2012, 03:07 PM   #9

I didn't need any molly screws or wall anchors. I found that most of the screws cinched up tight. And so far <knock on wood> it's been holding just fine. Maybe I was just lucky?
Old 11-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #10
10Isola

I love the table. Mine has been holding up great as well. I would still like to get a screw in every hole though.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:11 AM   #11

What did you do to cover the gap between the edge of the table and the wall? I still haven't dealt with that problem. In fact that little groove holds my iPad very nicely. So we can download shows before we leave and when we're eating we can watch shows with the iPad nightly propped up against the window.

So whatever I do to cover the top of the dream dinette bracket I'm going to have to make sure it has an iPad friendly groove in the top.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:23 AM   #12
10Isola

My table is flush up against the wall. I had to notch out 2 squares to allow the table to slide and bypass the vertical mounting tracks on the wall. It describes it in the instructions, but does a very poor job of explaining how.