Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2018, 01:36 PM   #1
Kanadian Kamper

Driver side floor heater register

Drove the Georgetown for the first time in frigid temps last week, and when I selected for the air to be directed to the fooor vents......no heat anywhere on my side. Was blowing out good and strong from large grill in the firewall on the passenger side.

BTW....
All dash vents and defroster vents work fine.

Anyone else finding this problem?

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 02:31 PM   #2

Driver side floor heater

New 2018 Georgetown 31R5 no Driver side floor heater ?
1.200 miles trip my feet are still cold Help.

john rush
john rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 04:57 PM   #3
RJJ

On my 2015 I had the same problem. Looked for the vent on my side, and when I found it, they had installed it pointed at the outside wall. I turned it in facing my feet and it fixed the problem.
RJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 08:20 PM   #4

On my 2014 the register was not pointed downward either. Had to crawl under the dash and look up in there to find it and straighten it out

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 07:25 PM   #5

Same as on our FR3. I located the vent on the drivers side and as it was on a flexible hose I moved closer to my feet but still didn't help much. The one on the passengers side is just an open plastic pipe about 3" diameter. there is no way to restrict the flow so I tried using duct tape to tape over opening and block flow. That worked for awhile but heat softens tape and it blows open. I thought of various ways to restrict flow and one thought was to jam a lid from a take out coffee cup in pipe but wife would not let me use lid on her stainless steel coffee cup. ?? (she caught me in the act).

I went to auto wrecker yard and found a dash vent with adjustable louvers on it just the perfect size, round and about the same size as the 3" vent outlet coming out of dash. I believe it was off a Ford pickup about 2015?. I purchased a rubber sleeve from plumbing store with clamps on both ends,(used for joining 3" PVC pipe together) mated the two together and it works great. Little tricky for wife to reach under dash and adjust louvers but she got on to it real quick. Now we get equal amounts of air out of each side.
Old 11-28-2018, 04:05 PM   #6

Driver side floor vent

I have a 2018 Georgetown 369 XL. Same problem! The heat on the passenger side is overwhelming. Just another example of Forest Rivers lack of thought when designing their motorhomes. We bought this unit new in July. We have had so many problems with this unit its ridiculous. Previous to this we had 2 Winnebago's. I thought they had problems. Winnebago is the gold standard compared to Forest River.
StephenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 07:29 PM   #7
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenH View Post
I have a 2018 Georgetown 369 XL. Same problem! The heat on the passenger side is overwhelming. Just another example of Forest Rivers lack of thought when designing their motorhomes. We bought this unit new in July. We have had so many problems with this unit its ridiculous. Previous to this we had 2 Winnebago's. I thought they had problems. Winnebago is the gold standard compared to Forest River.
Congratulations on finding this forum Stephen.

You have a new Georgetown which comes with a warranty if you can’t figure things out. However, there’s so much information to be gained by others here with Georgetown models.....just ask. Pictures are best, and if you put some of your Georgetown info in your signature it helps us.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, heater