Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2014, 12:04 PM   #1

Drivers chair

Just got home from a 1800 mile vacation to Colorado and Grand Canyon "wow" but the drivers chair is 3-3/8" to the right of center of steering wheel it just don't feel right to sit and hold wheel like this is this right or did someone really mess up on installing it.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
rwehba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:53 AM   #2

Well no comments so I,ll ask can the drivers chair be moved over I know it will not swivel then but I would like it centered if possible

Old 09-29-2014, 10:36 AM   #3

I would suggest going to your dealer, or any dealer really, and try sitting in some of their GTs. If they feel more centered then see if they can fix yours.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:34 PM   #4

Mine is definitely off center in regards to the steering wheel, but not uncomfortably so...
DarrenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:34 PM   #5

rw, can you look under the chair at the mounting bracket to see if it has holes for the bolts or are they slots? If slots you should be able to move it.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:42 PM   #6

Nope no slots think ill. Have one of our welders do a offset on the pedestal

Old 10-02-2014, 07:04 PM   #7

My 2007 Georgetown has the same problem. The drivers seat is off center by about an inch and half. I was told that I would need to drill new holes through the floor and move the seat over. I have not done that, I sit to one side of the seat and drive like that.
Poor quality workmanship.
Hankster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 08:39 AM   #8

My driver chair is situated just fine. My gripe is passenger chair. It is mounted closer to wall than drivers side and causes it to not swivel around like it should for use when parked. The arm of chair hits the wall. Looks like it needs to go over at least 2". Anyone tackled this or have same issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 10-03-2014, 04:06 PM   #9

You could elongate the holes on the mounting plate were it attaches to floor as well as were seat bolts to..(.an inch on both gives you two inches of play to move it around)
Old 10-03-2014, 07:58 PM   #10
Retired Ford Tech

Our 2008 350sets had the same problem with the passenger seat. I got a piece of 1/4 aluminum plate and placed it in the original holes, the measured 5 inches over and used 2 of the original pedastal holes and drilled 2 more in the ped. Through the floor with a total of six bolts. Works like a charm and we have room for more stuff next to the seat.
rvpezzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 08:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwehba View Post
Just got home from a 1800 mile vacation to Colorado and Grand Canyon "wow" but the drivers chair is 3-3/8" to the right of center of steering wheel it just don't feel right to sit and hold wheel like this is this right or did someone really mess up on installing it.

I corrected a very severe tilt problem with the seat/steering wheel geometry. They used stove bolts under the carpet with lock nuts underneath. Works out they are easy to remove and move over by predrilling once the new area is selected. Only problem wanna restrict the amount of movement as the carpet on the floor is cut to the present position. Again no bolt heads on floor only outside. You must temp cut carpet to the get the bolts out.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 01:18 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABoy View Post
My driver chair is situated just fine. My gripe is passenger chair. It is mounted closer to wall than drivers side and causes it to not swivel around like it should for use when parked. The arm of chair hits the wall. Looks like it needs to go over at least 2". Anyone tackled this or have same issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
I have not tried this in a while so I may be getting it wrong, but if I remember correctly we have to fold the back portion of the seat all the way forward towards the windshield and then the chair swivels fine without hitting the side when you swivel it either clockwise or counterclosckwise [sorry, can't remember which way] and not quite as easily the when you swivel the other way. Hope this helps rather than hurts.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:53 PM   #13

I have a 2008 370 Georgetown. My drivers seat will only turn 90 degrees and face the passengers seat. I cannot get it to turn to face the back of the motohome. It hits the steering wheel.Can anyone get there's to turn around 180 degrees?
gmann32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 04:14 PM   #14

Here's a thread about swiveling the seats:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...1ds-61840.html
DarrenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 07:41 PM   #15

I can swivel mine ..Driver-side.. I just push the seat back as far as it will go, tilt wheel up, bring seat back forward and rotate seat.. ... For passenger seat..I just lean seat back forward..and rotate seat..
Old 10-18-2014, 09:12 PM   #16

My 2014 378 driver seat does not swivel. Have tried all of the methods. Dealers says it is a factory design issue. Passenger seat swivels but when facing back is only a 1|4 inch from the wall not enough for comfortable seating. No elbow room.
360true is offline   Reply With Quote