Old 09-15-2010, 06:39 PM   #1
Drivers door - What do you think?

Carol and I are down to the nitty gritty on the options on the 350TS we are going to order. The one option which I am running hot and cold on is the drivers door. I can't help but thinking that it would be a great convenience when gassing up, dumping etc. On the other hand it could be a source of drafts and noise when driving and would likely be a difficult entry/exit.

The option will add about another thousand to the cost and I can't help but wonder if the money would be better spent elsewhere (or not at all).

I have looked extensively on the internet for a pictures and have only found one which is attached. I would be nice to see a shot from the inside.
It appears that the window in the door is fixed and that visibility to the mirror is reduced.

If anyone has any opinions or experience I would gladly enjoy hearing about it.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Georgetown door.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	3450  

MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:45 PM   #2
When we ordered our 2008 Georgetown, we asked the same question. The answers I got back varied from its OK to I never use it. None of the diesel units have them. So we opted not to have one and I don't regret a bit. I like the sliding window and screen as oposed to the electric window. Now saying that, the fuse box on the georgetown is below the dash on your left side. To get to it, you lay on your back and reach and pull the fuse. If you had a door, it would be right there in front of you. But is it worth $1000 dollars.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:56 PM   #3
Our unit was bought from stock so I did not have the option to buy driver's door. If I had ordered, I would not get it. Another place to rattle or leak. The two friend's that have the driver's door say it is very awkward to use, so they never use it. Short of an emergency fire escape, I can think of no real good reason to spend the money for it. My $.02...!
jd-ford-hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:22 PM   #4
I have the drivers door on my 373. Yes there is some rattle, but no air leaks. The mirror visibility is reduced from my driving position, but not to the point where it has caused issues. If I moved my seat back, there would be no obstruction.
2010 373DS
Master Tow with 2008 Nissan Altima
bresdogsr is offline   Reply With Quote

drivers door