Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2014, 06:36 AM   #1

Drivers seat question

I have a 2012 357.....The drivers seat arm rests are a bit too high for me and was wondering if anybody else feels this way and it there is some way to adjust them lower to fit my needs.
bmurph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:28 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmurph44 View Post
I have a 2012 357.....The drivers seat arm rests are a bit too high for me and was wondering if anybody else feels this way and it there is some way to adjust them lower to fit my needs.
The way it is attached to the frame is a metal socket.
It has no way to lower from the horizontal position.
If you are sitting too low I suggest sitting on some type of firm pad that will elevate you higher.
If this is not your case and you sit too high I have no solution.
Good luck
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 01:58 PM   #3
Retired Ford Tech

We have a 2008 350TS. The original seats did not feel comfortable in an all day drive. Since we were going to be full timers, we spent the money on Flexsteel chairs. The model we chose was 554 BUSR in the Kashmira micro fiber. The color we chose was Bark, it's a dark brown. We have driven coast to coast and wintered in Arizona. We are currently in New Jersey. The chairs we chose have manual Lumbar, adjustable arms and recliner. They are great chairs and very comfy on long trips. The factory sent the driver's seat with power by mistake, so I got a shorter pedestal (5 1/2) inch to accommodate the power track. These new chairs were a great investment and the fabric feels great and it wears like iron. We even ordered extra fabric, and redid the dinnette cushions with new foam. Another great investment. The chairs were 1075.00 in Feb of 2013.
Hope this helps Rod
rvpezzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 02:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpezzano View Post
We have a 2008 350TS. The original seats did not feel comfortable in an all day drive. Since we were going to be full timers, we spent the money on Flexsteel chairs. The model we chose was 554 BUSR in the Kashmira micro fiber. The color we chose was Bark, it's a dark brown. We have driven coast to coast and wintered in Arizona. We are currently in New Jersey. The chairs we chose have manual Lumbar, adjustable arms and recliner. They are great chairs and very comfy on long trips. The factory sent the driver's seat with power by mistake, so I got a shorter pedestal (5 1/2) inch to accommodate the power track. These new chairs were a great investment and the fabric feels great and it wears like iron. We even ordered extra fabric, and redid the dinnette cushions with new foam. Another great investment. The chairs were 1075.00 in Feb of 2013.
Hope this helps Rod
Rod
I have considered this but was scared to order.
Could you please answer a few questions?

1. What size is the passenger seat pedestal being non-powered?
2. Did you install them yourself?
3. Did you use any of the original seat pedestal in the Georgetown?
4. Was the drivers seat firmer or softer than you had originally.
5. Did you use the existing hole location for the new pedestal or did you move back or forward?

Love to see a few pictures.
Thanks
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:36 PM   #5
Retired Ford Tech

Every thing bolted right up. I put some spacers in the front bolts to bring your knees up. I used all the original pedestals until I ordered the shorter one for the driver's power track. The Flexsteel pedestal for the power unit had different bolt pattern. Measure the pattern, but I think it's 7x7 square. I couldn't say if the seat was firmer, but on a long time in the seat, you can adjust the arms or stiffen the lumbar or seat back. So far the are a great upgrade. I also moved the passenger seat inward about 5 inches so it sits about the same as the driver's away from the wall. I'll ask someone with more computer savvy so I came post some pics.
Old 09-09-2014, 03:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpezzano View Post
Hope this helps Rod
I consider the seat quite comfortable, its just the armrests are too high for me. Looks like I need to get used to them or plan on spending some serious money for a new seat.

Edit...Just found the chair you mentioned and the adjustable armrests are available for $38.00 more.

http://www.glastop.com/rv-furniture-detail.asp?id=109

Thanks for the information.
bmurph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:41 PM   #7
Retired Ford Tech

The answer to your second question is yes I did, and it's easy. I even routed a wire under the driver's rug and tapped into the fuse box for power. As a footnote. When you install an inline fuse, switch to a circuit breaker because if you hold the switch at the end of the track travel the fuse will blow. So I put in a 20 amp plug in breaker.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:01 PM   #8
Retired Ford Tech

We actually were in Fla, and visited Glastop and they had 6 different seats in their showroom. It's nice to try them first. If you get them, go for the manual lumbar, well worth it.