Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2012, 07:46 AM   #1

DVD Player

I have a Georgetown 2012 378 try to use the dvd player got sound but no picture. I have a Toshiba tv with a RCA dvd player and a Movievision switch box what is the combination. I have read the mannuals. I just don't see what I am doing wrong. Any help with this will be would be great. Thank you Sandpiper.
sandpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:45 AM   #2

I had the same thing happen and FR replaced the cheap DVD surround sound system box. Mine just never recognized any DVD's
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:03 AM   #3

Thank's Iggy new you would have the answer for me. What kind of player did you replace it with and was it it easy to swap it out. Thank's Sandpiper
sandpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:28 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpiper View Post
Thank's Iggy new you would have the answer for me. What kind of player did you replace it with and was it it easy to swap it out. Thank's Sandpiper
FR replaced it with the exact same cheap RCA piece of garbage under warranty. I don't really need or use it. anyway.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:38 PM   #5

I've had an occasional problem with the cable from the dvd player working loose from the back of the tv. Make sure all cables are plugged in tightly to the tv. Cheap RCA actually works pretty well for me when plugged in to tv.
ohiobill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #6

On our Toshiba had to go to the "input" menu on the TV and change it to something like HDMI, video 1 can't remember exactly but otherwise all we got was the sound.
Sirsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:49 PM   #7

Had problems on my our 2011, looked behind the Toshiba and the DVD player wires weren't even plugged in the tv. Tried the proper hook up, sorta hard to see behind the tv, and nothing. Took it to the dealer, they stated on the repair order that the standard hook up did not work but didn't state what they did to get it to work. That being said, satisfied with the cheap RCA unit for now.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #8

The most frustrating part of playing a DVD throught the 378 Georgetown is the pathetic 480i resolution. You then have the pretty nice Toshiba 40" HDTV playing a muddy DVD through the radio hookup.I don't think the HDMI menu will help as you are using either yellow or RCA component plugs for input. There is no HDMI high definition output on your radio
3D Sound Bar Home Theater System | HT-CT550W | Sony USA
This is what I am having installed when we get back from our next vacation. I will add a Blu ray over the passenger seat cabinet with the amplifier behind the TV, sound bar over the screen and the wireless subwoofer next to the dinette.With 400w this should rock the coach pretty well. Forest River cannot be counted on the deliver the sound or movie quality picture without a little bit of help.
Jayco Greyhawk 31ds 2012
Alan JS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:08 AM   #9

Alan, Nice looking set-up for the money.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:01 PM   #10

Alan

What cable and output from the TV sound did you use?
And the amp box is behind TV. Do you adjust sound with TV or amp?
Did you program another remote?
Sorry about all the questions but I like your setup.
I would also like to see how you mounted the sound bar.
A few pictures would be nice.
Thanks
Old 11-28-2012, 07:16 PM   #11

I don't have a photo yet as the audio guy installs security systems and alarms. There will be a red remote sensor that integrates the system to the amplifier through the HDTV. On the 2013 378TS the is a wooden bar above and below the TV as a frame. So it came be above or below for 40" anchored in the wooden frame. For $298 dollars you have an entire 400watt set up with
  • 2.1 ch 400W6 simulated surround sound system for 40" and above HDTV
  • Wireless active subwoofer for flexible placement
  • Three HDMI inputs: single-cable AV connections
  • HDMI Repeater with 3D pass-through
  • Dolby TrueHD and dts HD enhanced audio codecs
with full remote attached for about $60-75.The bar will be drilled through as if anchored in the wall very secured. There is loads of space behind the TV
and electrical and HDMI or optical cables for passthrough. I will also run the WiFi, AM/FM and TV hook ups.FM radio (Cable HD if available ).If might use the optical video for visual but the HDMI will allow easy full dimensional The 400w wireless sound bar from Sony with 3d effect is much better than fussing with the nonesense they give us from FR.
I have so many selections with Blu ray players and remotes, now for $298 for sound and 1080i picture, with 3d sound stage. from Sony how easy?
I can adjust the sound through TV and amplifier as it runs through as one unitwith passthrough.
All of the sound goes through the amplifier, the Blu ray has WiFi so amp plays through the sound bar . Walmart has a ton of possibles.
I am going to put the Blu ray above the passenger seat and remote is going to be over passenger seat , with the universal remote a possobility. Because the sound is much more powerful and sensitive going through the Sony box, I would prefer the option of having the Sony amp controlling the acoustics.
I looked at so many variations for the FR Georgeton 378 and they all were sub standard till I saw this one. I really wanted a Blu Ray and only heard of a DVD coming from 480i through the 7:1 pre wired Jensen. or whatever they use. This Sony amp and bar had so many possible configurations. It sounded versatile and multiple sound stages available.
Jayco Greyhawk 31ds 2012
Old 11-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #12

Thanks for that information.
The 2012 378TS is all open around the TV.
Here is my picture of my TV and firepalce
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	db4474905b_640.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	21887  
Old 11-29-2012, 07:14 AM   #13

I know Iggy. They enclosed the 2013 with wooden panels. The 40" sound bar could lie on top of TV with only brackets on the side for horizontal stability. Your next shice is on opposide under cabinets but messier. I like sound coming from direction of picture. There is so much room behind Toshiba for amp and sound bar wire. Two nice pieces of laminated wood would bracket the bar nicely and it could be sat on top of TV with no drilling. The "remote control ligt sensor for the amplifier can be plugged into it for about $60 with amp remote having full control. I was lucky on the 2013.
Jayco Greyhawk 31ds 2012
Old 11-29-2012, 07:57 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan JS View Post
The most frustrating part of playing a DVD throught the 378 Georgetown is the pathetic 480i resolution. You then have the pretty nice Toshiba 40" HDTV playing a muddy DVD through the radio hookup.I don't think the HDMI menu will help as you are using either yellow or RCA component plugs for input. There is no HDMI high definition output on your radio
3D Sound Bar Home Theater System | HT-CT550W | Sony USA
This is what I am having installed when we get back from our next vacation. I will add a Blu ray over the passenger seat cabinet with the amplifier behind the TV, sound bar over the screen and the wireless subwoofer next to the dinette.With 400w this should rock the coach pretty well. Forest River cannot be counted on the deliver the sound or movie quality picture without a little bit of help.
Gosh...I thought I was the only person that thought that the Forest River installed "Home Theater" system was worthless. Oh by the way.....It was the second RCA unit that had to be installed.

Bought, and installed, a soundbar system just a tad bit smaller than your Sony. The soundbar itself is 36" long. I had to move the TV back from the edge about 2" and that gave me plenty of room to mount the soundbar below the TV. I mounted it with that amazing industrial strength Velcro that I use for mounting most everything. The soundbar is hooked to the TV via an OPTICAL CABLE that pulls the audio right from the TV preamp audio. I located the powered sub woofer for the soundbar system behind the home theater seating that we had installed earlier to replace the Forest River couch and eurochair. The sub woofer gets it's audio signal via bluetooth link thus no wires. AWESOME! I'm not at the RV right now but the unit is a SANYO that was bought at the local BestBuy for less than $260.

Also bought and installed a BluRay player and hooked it to the TV via an HDMI cable. Now in the cupboard below the TV we have the Sat receiver and a BluRay player.

Gotta have my sports and occasional movie.
Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:20 AM   #15

R.C.A.= Real Crap Always
i have the rca surround sound in my unit never use it
brianj
take us
tncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote