Old 05-11-2011, 06:31 AM   #1
Easy First Time Warranty Claim

On our recent Easter trip to Florida I noticed just how bad our alignment was and how far off the steering wheel was. I called and spoke to Mike Burns at Forest River regarding the issue. He told me to find any local shop and have it fixed and forward him the bill. I was able to make an appointment and get it done last week. The mechanic at the shop said he was surprised how far off both the alignment and steering wheel was on a new unit. No need to pull the steering wheel, which I had read about others doing. Maybe it's just the model year? But, on our 2011 374 they were able to remove and center the spline directley from the steering box, (If I'm explaining this right?). A laser system was used to center the steering wheel with the front wheels.

After driving home, taking the long way to get on a highway. I have to say it's like night and day. At first, I found myself gripping the wheel as I did to and from Florida. By the time I got home I had finally relaxed my grip and can't be happier with how well it drives now.

Mr. Burns, Forest River, made this as easy as it gets. Great customer service.

GrowingGoatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:44 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member
Mike is very nice to deal with. Any time I've emailed him he's responded very quickly and helped me with any issue I've had. Last year NWJeeper had posted about the wear of his tires and then found out that there was a shim, 1" thick piece of steel on one side of the rear. This presented a lean to the opposite side. FR paid for my shim to be removed as well as having the front end checked. My front end was within the specs and the lean is no longer an issue.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:30 PM   #3
I also have had great response from FR re warranties as well as Ford. Our MH is a 2007 but we purchased it as a new unit in 09. A few things had to be repaired due to lot sitting but I've had not a bit of difficulty. Thanks also to Burns and crew.
RANGERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote