Old 06-06-2011, 06:36 PM   #1

Electric Awning woes

Well, our new 360 has this big awning on the passenger side that is suppose to keep us cooler in hot weather and provide a space to enjoy our favorite beverage during happy hour...problem....the darn awning is too high to do much good...is there any way to lower the darn thing to make it more usable...I am not concerned about the sun, but the beer supply dwindles quickly when we have to sit in the sun...

Old 06-06-2011, 07:06 PM   #2

It's the same on the Berkshire 390bh. The awning comes straight out and the angle can't be changed because it comes out over a slide out and the slide out is in the way. I was in a campground on Memorial Day weekend and saw a Winnebago and the awning was attached to the slide out. It was not as long as the awning on the 390bh but the angle could be adjusted without a problem.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:42 PM   #3

A bigger cooler?
Old 06-06-2011, 09:13 PM   #4

Awning Shade

If you have a Dometic Awning, they make a "Sun Shade" that may help...

Products - Dometic

John
Nights Camped: '06=122 '07=12 '08=18 '09=10 '10=18 '11=28 '12=16
kalik282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:22 AM   #5

electric awning woes

howdy, i have a 2012 378ts with this awning .dealer showed me how to adjust. when awning is all the way out, i have one black turn nut on each side arm,you pull down on awning arms and tighten nut where you want awning to be for more shade and water run off.i hope this makes since.this is a cool feature.this keeps my beer cool also??? you just have to remember to loosen these nuts before retracting awning.this is important. pete
Old 06-07-2011, 08:32 AM   #6

Thanks Petey, I wondered what those black knobs were for.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:59 PM   #7

I looked at my control knobs and the slide bars they were attached to, and discovered the slides are locked with a brad, and they will not adjust. So no matter what you do with the knobs, the braces will not move. The awning billows with a slight breeze when extended, so I am afraid to leave it down unattended. Probably shouldn't anyway, but I am used to the old style manual awning.

Forrest
2011 Georgetown 378TS
2011 Ford Escape V-6 4X4
fbconsults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:07 PM   #8

Well, from experiance, you should never leave an awing down when not at the rig..that is asking for trouble. I always tuck mine away before I leave as well as turn off the water. That is why I have been involved in helping others mop up from floods and going on the roof to try to capture a bent up awning that is destined for the land fill.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:07 PM   #9

awning woohs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbconsults View Post
I looked at my control knobs and the slide bars they were attached to, and discovered the slides are locked with a brad, and they will not adjust. So no matter what you do with the knobs, the braces will not move. The awning billows with a slight breeze when extended, so I am afraid to leave it down unattended. Probably shouldn't anyway, but I am used to the old style manual awning.

Forrest
ok on mine i stand on step stool and pull down on black arm and awning slides down silver arm and tighten black knob.i dont know what end slides but mine slides and then tighten knob.i will look at mine tomorrow and let you know.i wish i was there it would be nice to help.i have learned alot about this coach from this forum.that makes it nice.if yours has a black turn knob that is what it is for.its a pretty good pull. pete aultom gresham oregon
Old 06-17-2011, 09:25 AM   #10

I did it this week...Pull down on the awning and use the lock knobs to secure it...just have to make sure you tighten them or a little gust of wind will move it from the setting..It really helps to make the awning usefull.

Tags
awning