Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2011, 07:38 AM   #1

Electrical Nightmare II

My 2007 Georgetown 349TSF has developed multiple electrical problems such as...... (1) 12V Converter no longer kicks in when batteries call for juice, (2) no power to rear air, and (3), a GFCI outlet in the house now immediately trips if used for bare bones shore power. (No problems when using a standard duplex outlet in the house for bare bones shore power.)

Any suggestions appreciated. Also, can someone post a website URL that outlines testing steps, procedures and techniques.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:51 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

1. Converter / Charger: Charger side may have gone up. Be sure to check the fuses on the top of the Converter. I believe there are 2 of them, one may be just the charger side and the other the 12 volt side.
2. No Power Rear AC. Check the breaker to be sure it's allowing current through. Check low voltage fuse in electrical panel [control wiring], Check t-stat wiring at the t-stat and the AC unit. It could be as simple as a broken wire from vibration.
3. GFIC: Most GFIC outlets are rated at 15 amps. It's possible the other duplex receptacle you are using is on a larger breaker [20 amps]? Your load may be just enough to trip a 15 amp brekaer but not enough to trip a 20 amp breaker. One other thing is GFIC Outlets are more sensitive to amp draw, thats why they are used in areas such as a bathroom or outside. They trip fairly easily so it is doing the job it was designed to do.

Hope this gives you a starting point. Good luck and let us know what you find.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:45 AM   #3
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpbbjc View Post
My 2007 Georgetown 349TSF has developed multiple electrical problems such as...... (1) 12V Converter no longer kicks in when batteries call for juice, (2) no power to rear air, and (3), a GFCI outlet in the house now immediately trips if used for bare bones shore power. (No problems when using a standard duplex outlet in the house for bare bones shore power.)

Any suggestions appreciated. Also, can someone post a website URL that outlines testing steps, procedures and techniques.
What model converter do you have. I can point you to the WFCO site is you have one of those.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:08 AM   #4

GFCI outlets break down over time. I've had to replace a number of them in a ten year old home. They will work momentarily after a reset and then kick off again. Think about replacing. While its unusual, it is a possibility.