Old 11-23-2014, 11:56 PM   #31

Any new updates on your engine GABoy?

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 01:09 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Any new updates on your engine GABoy?

Went by and saw her Friday. They have the new engine installed and in process of putting everything back together. They plan to put all fluids in and perform check tests Monday and driving test on Tuesday. I met the master ford tech and saw old engine and heads. Ran my finger in the #2 piston sleeve. Nasty gouge line in it from piece of retainer ring that chipped off below #2 piston and lodged between piston and sleeve wall. It amazed me that they got engine through the front. All they took off of coach was hood and the grill. They took off heads and it made engine small enough to clear with less than inch to spare. Here's a pic.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1416809198.598791.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	858.9 KB
ID:	66808
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1416809211.262148.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	851.5 KB
ID:	66809
Tech is super nice and was showing where everything went behind hood and around engine.

We're in mountains for thanksgiving week so we will pick her up when we get back!😀

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 11-24-2014, 01:24 AM   #33

Looking Good
&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
ramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:56 AM   #34

Wow! that's amazing. Hope all checks out when she's done. Is Ford going to do anything for you regarding warranty extension or comp you in any way for your troubles and incredible patience.
sherman12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:37 PM   #35

Update:

Picked up our girl today!😀 She seems to be purring with no noises from engine but those that you should hear. Drove her about 30 miles today and all seems great! Call me crazy but I swear she seems to have more power. Ready for our next trip to break the new engine in! Shop had interior cleaned at detail shop after I noticed some smudges on flooring and seats. Long process but looks good so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 12-05-2014, 08:10 AM   #36

Sounds great! Hopefully that is the end of your engine issues!! Now it's time to pack up and make a trip somewhere to forget about it all!!

2013 Georgetown XL 350
Bunkhouse
2002 F250 4X4 CC
2012 Jeep Liberty
Old 12-05-2014, 09:44 AM   #37

Good Luck with the new power GABoy! And thanks for the update.
sherman12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 06:46 PM   #38
WDK

I too have often wondered what full timers do when they have a major problem that requires an extended stay at some repair shop. I know we all make due when we have too but I feel more comfortable having a brick and motor place to come home too and wait rather than a hotel or a friends house. Glad your back on the road.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:32 PM   #39

Nice documentation GAboy so thanks for that....and very glad you're back on the road in better shape than ever!
2014 Vespa LX150 2014 StellaAuto 125
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 09:13 AM   #40

We blew our engine to our 2012 Georgetown on October 12, 2014. Ford RV Road Service did an outstanding job getting us off the interstate (to a Walmart parking lot). It took Ford RV service a little bit to find an authorized service center but they found Paul Miller Ford in Lexington KY and towed our coach there. Kudos to Ford RV Service for doing an outstanding job. That is the end of the good news.

Nine weeks later we still do not have our coach back. I have had weekly calls to Paul Miller Ford and got all kinds of excuses. November 22, Paul Miller Ford finally got our coach into a maintenance bay. December 22 our engine is still not out to come up with the root cause, a Ford Warranty requirement before a replacement engine can be acquired.

The last phone conversation with the Service Manager at Paul Miller Ford, he could not understand why we brought our coach to his shop because their primary work was large trucks. I explain Ford RV Road Service got authorization from someone there to have our coach towed to Paul Miller Ford.

I finally called Ford RV Service again on December 23 to see if we can get some support from Ford to help move this process along. Ford RV Technical Service placed calls to the Service Manager and a Paul Miller Ford Director. They assured Ford that that by the week of December 29 the motor would be dropped and root cause analyzed.

I cannot say enough good things about Ford RV Road Service, but do not recommend taking your units to Paul Miller Ford for major work. Hopefully we will get our coach back in January sometime.

For all potential buyers of RVs with Ford Chasis, do your research on where you can get service done on your units. Most Ford dealers will not work on RVs. A warranty is as good as it's dealer.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Tags