Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2017, 12:57 PM   #1

Entry Door

I have a 2007 Georgetown 378, the bottom of the entry door fell off, it was screwed into a small piece of wood above it that apparently rotted away. I dont see anywhere that I can screw this piece back in since above the wood was styrofoam. n I have no idea how the wood was fastened.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170728_134857.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	403.8 KB
ID:	146362  
Carmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 07:34 AM   #2
Tim & Lisa Trempert

I would cut a new piece of wood and put glue (probably construction adhesive) on 3 sides, push it into the bottom of the door, and clamp it for 24 hours to dry. Then screw your piece that fell off into it.
Old 07-31-2017, 06:46 PM   #3

entry door repair

Same thing happened to our 08 Georgetown....pulled out old rotted wood and replaced it with a treated piece of wood cut to fit....glued into place and put a couple of wood screws thru door into the wood. Replaced the bottom aluminum door piece and screwed it on with new wood screws. No one notices the repair job......Bob
margesdiamond is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door