Old 01-28-2012, 07:00 AM   #1
Excellent Georgetown 300s recall experience

I purchased a new Georgetown 300 s 11/2010 and this past year have had slide troubles, hydraulic hose failure and door step failures. These type of difficulties are occasional subjects on this forum. In November while getting the local dealer to work on the slide again, the dealer and forest river without prompting asked if I would allow them to take the unit back to the Elkhart factory for a comprehensive fix. The factory rep told me that they would fix the three major items, fix other warranted items I might have listed and do a once over inspection for additional fixes.
The unit was picked up on schedule and returned on schedule. Major items are corrected in what looks like long term fixes, the list of other items was completed and there were 2-3 loose paneling edges not listed that were corrected as part of the once over inspection.
This was no small expense to Forest River and I am very pleased to have had a refit after a years use. Forest River gets an Outstanding Attaboy for their followup performance here.
It does take patience working through the process and it seems the unit is gone for a long time, but my result is well worth it.

I would rather not have had the issues in the first place, but Forest River came through..

pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:17 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member
WOW !! That's great to hear. Could be FR wanted to see these issues firsthand and devised the procedure how to fix them and then pass this on to their dealers. Either way the factory that built it is always going to do a better job taking care of the issues.Thanks for sharing your experience.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #3
Glad to hear you got your unit back and everything was properly fixed. I also had a great experience with the factory folks when mine was repaired last year. No slide issues since!
Just curious what your step issue was and what they did to fix it. I have had an issue with my steps not opening and closing with the door. They are sometimes on an extended delay.... all of the parts to the system have been replaced and they still do the same thing. Just hoping you had the same issue and they fixed it.

2010 Georgetown 300 FWS
2003 Jeep Liberty
blue283 is offline   Reply With Quote