Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmmer View Post
We got our 7 year bumper to bumper with tire for 1200 bucks. Not sure if that's good or not. I can pretty much fix anything, but I'm only getting older. I figured if something big goes wrong like a slide out or the roof it would be worth it. Oh, and it also includes the windshield which is a pretty big one piece of glass.
That sounds like a good price to me, but then your coach is 5 years newer than mine. Coverage for the windshield seems redundant to me. Is that not covered by collision/comprehensive of your insurance?
Owned 2015 Sunseeker 3010DS previously
raoulwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by raoulwv View Post
That sounds like a good price to me, but then your coach is 5 years newer than mine. Coverage for the windshield seems redundant to me. Is that not covered by collision/comprehensive of your insurance?
I think your are right. I'd have to look at the policy, but I think windshield is under the rv insurance and not the warranty. I think it was tires that was an option that we took.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:53 PM   #23

I too am not a big fan of extended warranties. Never buy them. But made an exception on my motorhome. My wife plans on taking the coach out with her girlfriends on occasions and the warranty would be a good piece of mind while away and me not being there to fix it. It is cheap insurance
Old 12-07-2013, 08:17 AM   #24

This is the first extended warranty I've bought. Well, for the exception of cell phone warranty because I'm hard on them. When we were looking at the coach to decide which one we wanted, I was making a mental note of things that I could fix. Everything is pretty much straight forward, but it's a lot of different components melted into a house. The hard part would be figuring out how to get to something that needs fixing. The slides would be a real headache if one of the tension cables snapped. Or let's say the fiberglass shower cracks...seen if before. What about the roof as some owners have experienced. After all, we drive these rolling houses at 60 - 75 mph down the highway while twisting, vibrating, and stressing.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:46 AM   #25

Be careful and read the exceptions when considering aftermarket extended service plans. Good Sam ESP excludes roofs, walls and other structural coach components.

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bend302 View Post
Be careful and read the exceptions when considering aftermarket extended service plans. Good Sam ESP excludes roofs, walls and other structural coach components.

Bill
Something else to consider w/ Good Sam ESP is that you MUST take the coach to a Camping World service center. With ours (Rt 66), we do have the option to take it a non-network service center if a Rt 66 is not convenient. Also, my experience with getting a prompt service apt at Camping World has proven to be, shall we say, challenging, in the past.
Buck & Patsy, the boston-mix guard dogs
43D18 is offline   Reply With Quote