Old 05-06-2015, 01:27 PM   #11

I modded my weber q, removed the regulator and installed a 10' hose with quick connect, i also quick connected the regulator so i could still use the small bottles if needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150122_185451.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	314.8 KB
ID:	76309   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150122_173238-1.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	76310  

08 dodgeram current TV
Cableman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 11:03 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
You'll need a "low pressure" grill.

The connection "quick coupler" is a low pressure connection.

Designed and in place for this grill normally.
RVQ II Grill Portable RV Grill $229 with FREE SHIPPING except HI, AK & Canada

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "4 nights"
If that is what Forest River expects me to do then they should be ashamed at themselves. Drilling holes in the side of a 37í motor home to attach the cheapest looking grill on the market is shameful. Iím still trying to get an answer from Forest River, but their support line sucks.

Why would they install a totally useless propane port on the side of their top of the line Georgetown?

Old 05-08-2015, 11:06 PM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy and Shirley View Post
If that is what Forest River expects me to do then they should be ashamed at themselves. Drilling holes in the side of a 37í motor home to attach the cheapest looking grill on the market is shameful. Iím still trying to get an answer from Forest River, but their support line sucks.

Why would they install a totally useless propane port on the side of their top of the line Georgetown?
Because everything on your mh is low pressure.

TURBS
2015 camping "4 nights"
Old 05-08-2015, 11:20 PM   #14

Turbs, I know that everything is low pressure, but why cut a hole in the side of a motor home to give you a low pressure port that is totally useless for just about every decent grill that you can buy today. If it really can’t used for anything productive, why put it there?
Old 05-08-2015, 11:22 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cableman View Post
I modded my weber q, removed the regulator and installed a 10' hose with quick connect, i also quick connected the regulator so i could still use the small bottles if needed.
Thanks Cableman, I think that is exactly what I have to do. Late now, but my plans for tomorrow are now to bring the Coleman Road Trip grill into the garage and look at what it will take to do that conversion.

Here is a video showing almost the same Coleman Grill being converted to us low pressure propane.

Three problems with the video are that Coleman has stopped making the regulator assembly shown in the video, exactly the one I have, as stated in the video, the threads are proprietary to Coleman, and I want to preserve the ability to use the grill at home using a standard tank of propane.
Old 05-09-2015, 06:21 AM   #16

Quote:
Thanks Cableman, I think that is exactly what I have to do. Late now, but my plans for tomorrow are now to bring the Coleman Road Trip grill into the garage and look at what it will take to do that conversion.

Here is a video showing almost the same Coleman Grill being converted to us low pressure propane.

Three problems with the video are that Coleman has stopped making the regulator assembly shown in the video, exactly the one I have, as stated in the video, the threads are proprietary to Coleman, and I want to preserve the ability to use the grill at home using a standard tank of propane.

Maybe pickup a weber regulator if you cant mod the coleman one like i did on mine, id have to think it would work the same.

This would prolly work too
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00064...5RL&ref=plSrch
08 dodgeram current TV
Old 05-09-2015, 12:56 PM   #17

As I understand it, and the video also says so, the Coleman threads are proprietary, which means you can't find another product to hook into the grill. Like the video demonstrated, you have to remove that gold colored connector that actually attaches to the inside of the grill.
Old 05-09-2015, 02:46 PM   #18

What i meant is mod a weber regulator with quick connects to fit the modded piece that video shows, this way you can use small tanks if needed. Or that coleman stove one i listed should fit and you would just remove the other one from the stove when you wanna use the small tanks!
08 dodgeram current TV
Old 05-10-2015, 08:15 PM   #19
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Turbs, I know that everything is low pressure, but why cut a hole in the side of a motor home to give you a low pressure port that is totally useless for just about every decent grill that you can buy today. If it really canít used for anything productive, why put it there?
I guess it's a matter of opinion.
I've used a low pressure port and an rvq grill for ten years.

TURBS
2015 camping "4 nights"
Old 05-10-2015, 08:34 PM   #20

I followed the Coleman conversion video displayed above. I added a ball valve right before the fitting that goes into the stove. Make sure you get low pressure fittings. The store clerk accidently gave me a high pressure fitting. I about had a stroke trying to get it to fit into the low pressure quick connect.

Roadmaster Falcon 2 All Terrain
SMI Air Force 1
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane