Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2010, 01:22 PM   #1

Factory Repair

Hi, I would like to hear from those who have taken their motorhomes
back to the factory for any and all types of repairs.
I ask this because I'm scheduled to take mine in for repairs on 7/19/10
I would like to know if you had everything repaired as promised, how long was it there, were there any delays, just about anything or any kind of experience you may have had good or bad.

Thanks
JDickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:12 PM   #2

Not sure what type of RV you have, but I took my class A Berkshire out to the factory in March, 2009. I had brought it out to have the slide out mechanism repaired, an AC leak looked at and one other problem(I don't remember exactly what it was now). The initial estimate was 2 days but it wound up being 3. To be fair, this also include a retro-fit of slide seals that I didn't know about but that Forest River installed on their own. It required removing all of the inside trim, installation of the seal, and re-installation of the trim. Also,this was at a time when the production line was idled with only a skeleton crew of a handful of workers on site. We had to stay in a motel while the unit was being worked on but the warranty manager drove us back and forth and around the area while the work was being performed. Forest River reimbursed us for the motel and paid part of our fuel cost for the trip. The did an excellent job. Very neat and professional. It was, in my opinion, well worth the trip.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:13 PM   #3

I talked to 2 owners of 378ts that had floor issues and they had to take them back to the factory, other then the drive from maryland they didnt say anything about issues.
bad1032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:01 AM   #4

Sorry I didn't say what type of motorhome I have, but it's a
2008 Georgetown XL 378, and so far you guys are putting my mind at ease.
By the way [bad1032] what type of floor problems did they have?
Thanks.....Joe
Old 06-24-2010, 09:25 PM   #5

They both had the floor coming up while driving down the road and it would form a big bubble in the floor, eventually tearing the flooring, they had to replace the entire wood floor in both of them
bad1032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:44 PM   #6

Hello there fellow Georgetown owners.
I just got back from having my Georgetown 378 repaired at the factory.
Met with the service manager Mr. Rick Black and with Mr. Burns motorhome warranty manager both men were very easy to talk with and they took their time and listen to every thing I had to say about the damages. Mr. Black overseen all the repairs and I must say they did a great job, I'm very satisfied with the work they did and how it all turned out.
I thought I was going to have to leave it for a month but they got it all done in 5 days from start to finish.
In all worth the 700 mile trip out and the 5 day stay at a Hotel. First time in I can't remember how long.
While we were there we took a tour of the factory, seen how they are made and some of the very new features going into the all new Georgetown's.
One is a full width power sunhade going across the whole front of the windsheild. Guess they finally figured it out that the sun visors are worthless.
Of course it's an extra.. Took a lot of pictures asked a lot of questions, in all very interesting tour.
Thanks to everyone for their input in making up my mind on the best way to handle my problem.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:49 PM   #7

What did you have done?
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:58 PM   #8
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDickson View Post
Hello there fellow Georgetown owners.
I just got back from having my Georgetown 378 repaired at the factory.
Met with the service manager Mr. Rick Black and with Mr. Burns motorhome warranty manager both men were very easy to talk with and they took their time and listen to every thing I had to say about the damages. Mr. Black overseen all the repairs and I must say they did a great job, I'm very satisfied with the work they did and how it all turned out.
I thought I was going to have to leave it for a month but they got it all done in 5 days from start to finish.
In all worth the 700 mile trip out and the 5 day stay at a Hotel. First time in I can't remember how long.
While we were there we took a tour of the factory, seen how they are made and some of the very new features going into the all new Georgetown's.
One is a full width power sunhade going across the whole front of the windsheild. Guess they finally figured it out that the sun visors are worthless.
Of course it's an extra.. Took a lot of pictures asked a lot of questions, in all very interesting tour.
Thanks to everyone for their input in making up my mind on the best way to handle my problem.
This was all warranty work? Who had to pay that 5 night stay at the hotel?

Thanks for telling us about some of the upgrades you saw during your tour. Power Shade, wish they were around in 2006 when we bought ours. Instead I had to add Power Visors myself, like you said the factory shades were totally useless. Care to post a few of your pictures?

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 05:08 PM   #9

Hello NWJeeper, what I had done was in the driver's area cause by water damage. The first two sections of the ceiling were removed all the way down or up to the roof depending on how you look at it. The cabinets in and around the front were replaced. The cause of the leak was from loose screws holding the awning on was fixed and resealed. The whole unit was pressured tested and put through the water test. In the end you can not tell it was ever damaged to begin with.
It is a 2008 and out of warranty, so their claim was they are not responsible, but if I could get it there they would fix it. So to answer who paid the hotel, I did, and was glad to do it just to get it back to normal.
Since it happen I purchased a RV port to store it in and keep it out of the elements when not in use. I plan on keeping it a long time.
In a couple of my other posts I had asked who should pay for water damages
and where to have repairs made. Most dealers and all that I went to wouldn't touch the work that had to be done, so after all those rejections you can rest assured I was all to happy when FR stepped up to fix it.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:17 PM   #10

Glad to hear that everything worked out well and that Forest River stepped up and did the repairs.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 05:31 PM   #11
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Glad to hear you're happy with the repairs. It's a shame that it happened. I'd bet if they did that pressure test before the units leave the factory the leaks everyone has endured would be found. I know my driver's side door doesn't seal very well at the bottom. I can feel the air push through when a big truck goes by but thankfully I haven't seen any water coming in.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote