Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2017, 08:34 AM   #1

Fallen Roller Shade Unit

We were cruising down the road in our year old 364 when we heard a loud pop and crash and couldn’t figure out the issue. Well, when we went to close the shades that evening we discovered the shade component over the breakfast table had fallen off the hard back cornice. Now, how do we put it back up. Thank You
kentdavido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:59 AM   #2

i'll reply but I don't know your unit. I had a problem with a blind falling down on our trailer. in our case the blind fell down because a plastic tab on the bracket broke off and allowed the blind to jiggle off. first thing I would do is try to figure out why it came off. is the bracket ok or is it damaged? in our case the blinds were made by a company named Irvine Blinds and Shades. I went to their web site and was able to find a replacement bracket and ordered one from a distributor. then take the cornice off so you can replace the bracket. put cornice back on and then snap the blind into the replacement bracket. sounds easy but you have to be a contortionist to get the cornice on and off and snap the blind into the bracket. again, try to find out why it fell off and take it from there. try to determine the blind manufacturer and go to their web site.
Old 10-23-2017, 12:00 PM   #3

See my post about great customer service.
Coming across I70 in Indiana has to be the roughest interstates in the US. With that being said, my rear roller shade in my 377ts broke the plastic clips that hold the shade in the bracket. I called Irvine Shade & Door in Elkhart and told the. What happened and ask if I could order two new brackets. The lady told me she would send me some free. I got the package today and it had four new brackets in it. Thank you for standing behind your product.
georgew48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 08:29 AM   #4

+1 on calling Irvine Shade as they were the exclusive supplier of the slow rise shade brackets. In our case Forest River had not used enough brackets for some of the longer shades so we called Irvine and they sent 4 new brackets for us to add to 4 of the longer shades. You will need to see if any part of the bracket is broken or you may just need to get the shade back up into the brackets again.
Old 10-24-2017, 12:05 PM   #5
padcarroll

If the shades are made by MCD Innovations.
Talk to Mike in Service at MCD Innovations. He was very helpful and knowledgable about their products. 1-800-804-1757
He also sent me a couple pdf's that helped me adjust the tension also.

Dave and Pam Carroll
Callie - 9 yo chihuahua/yorky mix
2014 Legacy SR300 340BH
2013 Chevy Sonic Toad
Full-timing since January 2016
padcarroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 12:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgew48 View Post
See my post about great customer service.
Coming across I70 in Indiana has to be the roughest interstates in the US. With that being said, my rear roller shade in my 377ts broke the plastic clips that hold the shade in the bracket. I called Irvine Shade & Door in Elkhart and told the. What happened and ask if I could order two new brackets. The lady told me she would send me some free. I got the package today and it had four new brackets in it. Thank you for standing behind your product.
Same here on my Cardinal. I told her I wanted the larger bracket with the screw holes both vertical and horizontal. Then I screwed up into the cabinet. The cabinet has a false bottom so it didn't go thru the floor. Very solid now!
Great customer service but sure was a pain pulling out the sofa and replacing everything.
Previously: 36' Country Coach
Havasu Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 02:55 PM   #7

My 2016 Cardinal 3450 had the rear shade fall down behind the couch. Didn't notice until it was time to close them that night. Pulled couch out, and finally got to the brackets. I too found broken plastic clips. I used long sheet metal screws and after repositioning the shade assembly, drilled through it and screwed the assembly right to the bracket. It won't be falling off, and if I need to work on it, the screws will be easy to back out to remove the shade. There were too few brackets installed for the weight of that large of a "double" shade.
card16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:32 AM   #8

Wow, thank you so very much. I’m going out this weekend to address the shade and get this repaired. We always use caution raising and lowering the shades. So I was greatly surprised when it fell out. Thank you for all the great insight.
kentdavido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 07:11 PM   #9

My table and my couch one fell in my 364. Two brackets holding each not near enough. I removed the brackets and drill a holes in the flat Aluim channel and screwed them straight to ceiling. Now just waiting for bedroom to fall.