Old 06-02-2013, 02:50 PM   #11
eyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post

I do agree FR does care. I hope Steven contacts me this week.
I will be heading back around Elkhart mid to late July.
Keep my fingers crossed.
Just noticed that the front cap is cracked under the area where the roof bubbles opened up. Going to seal the crack for now and the area around it. The crack is near the top of the windshield between the windshield and the back of the cap and looks like it goes all the way through. I hope FR contacts me this week, really getting worried about this issue.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:42 PM   #12

I am a flat roofer by trade and I can defiantly say any roof damage goes on to cause more extensive problems if they are not corrected immediately. Looking at the issue I would demand a new roof as well as replacement of any wet insulation. My V-Lite roof carries a 12 year warranty against material defect. Any penetration or damage is not covered. Lucky for me I will replace it myself in due time.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:17 PM   #13

After taking a closer look this appears to be either an Epdm or a tpo system from the pics. The bubbles are actually caused when the glue used to secure the roof system isn't allowed to completely dry before it is applied. It won't hurt the system unless a hole is created in one of the blisters. If the blisters are full of air and not water they aren't leaking. Contact your FR rep. The dealer won't replace the roof unless they have too.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:27 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost pirate View Post
After taking a closer look this appears to be either an Epdm or a tpo system from the pics. The bubbles are actually caused when the glue used to secure the roof system isn't allowed to completely dry before it is applied. It won't hurt the system unless a hole is created in one of the blisters. If the blisters are full of air and not water they aren't leaking. Contact your FR rep. The dealer won't replace the roof unless they have too.
This is a fiberglass sheet roof. If you step on any of the bubble it will break the fiberglass and cause a leak.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:48 PM   #15

Fiberglass Roof with Air Bubbles

HI Iggy
I,m sorry to read about your Roof Bubbles Iggy did FR get in contact with you?? I pulled of my Cover today and checked my roof so far so good hope it stays that way same year like yours 2012 bought in 11-2011
Please keep us posted
Thanks---George

2012 Georgetown 280DS Towing a 2002 Saturn LW-200 Wagen
Old 06-05-2013, 10:21 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED Baron View Post
HI Iggy
I,m sorry to read about your Roof Bubbles Iggy did FR get in contact with you?? I pulled of my Cover today and checked my roof so far so good hope it stays that way same year like yours 2012 bought in 11-2011
Please keep us posted
Thanks---George

2012 Georgetown 280DS Towing a 2002 Saturn LW-200 Wagen
Yes Steven at FR replied and said "The vendor stated it is not uncommon to have some bubbles with their roof material, however I did note this along with the picture to your unit's file. I did this so that if for any reason a leak and or further issues with the roof material, we can refer back to this date."

I asked to have someone take a look at my roof when I'm in Elkhart in July.

We will continue to monitor and take pictures each month for now on and send them to Steven at FR

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:57 PM   #17
Plain Old Member

Happening to the sunseekers / foresters too. Same REAL thin material, I think. Made by crane composites. 1/16" at best. It's basically the same thing you see on commercial bathroom walls. Mines ok, for now, but ill be glad to go back to a rubber roof next year when we move back to a fifth wheel. 2 years ago I liked fiberglass roofs, after the previous and present Motorhomes, I'll never own anything with a fiberglass roof again.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:10 PM   #18

Thanks for the heads up Iggy, I'm going to take a look at mine this weekend.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #19

Wow! This most recent development that Iggy is having really sucks! I too was initially excited to have fiberglass vs. rubber. However, it looks like the rubber roof I had on my Allegro was thicker and more durable than what FR puts on their rigs with fiberglass. For the record, knock on wood, I just Mop n Glo'ed my roof two weeks ago on my 2011 and it looked good.
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #20

Oh yeah, does this mean I now have to climb up and check the roof out every couple of weeks? Bummer!

sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote