Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 11:51 AM   #1

Finally - I won!

For those that continually look the other way and defend FR, read no more! This thread is not for you and I have no desire for hate comments. Hopefully, someone like me will read this BEFORE they ever purchase something from FR or any other assembler - I refuse to call them a manufacturing "industry".

As promised, I said I would post when I finished my long running saga with FR the POS company. My RV may be beyond what most have experienced, but it was a flat out POS when I picked it up at the dealer last January that had over 70+ unknown defects. I was new and ignorant to the collection of UNPROFESSIONALS, BULLIES, THIEVES, and prolific LIARS the RV "industry" IS.

I should have listened to the warning signs with the unbelievable lousy trade in offered for my brand new current year TT and the dozen or so defects I personally corrected including a water tank that fell to the ground!, but no like most we looked the other way and did not appreciate these collection of ____.

As an OEM I was able and preferred to perform 95% of the design defects and outright unprofessional defective assembly performed by FR. The waiting for weeks or months to get an appointment and then waiting for weeks or months to have the problem not-resolved, I chose to do everything myself. After watching the first in-service over 3 months at Camping World be a disaster with a simple roof AC replacement under warranty, and then my second, last, and final event in an authorized FR RV repair facility to redo the Windshield leaking like a sieve that after another 3 months was never performed, I personally vowed to never let another RV facility ever touch my RV EVER! I realize this is beyond many and I truly feel for you.

With no support, assistance, or guidance from FR even though "talking" to them and input from CW to them, I did extensive searching and investigating and after 5 months found a mobile tech that knew the exact problem (posted in another thread - search) and after a 4 week scheduled appointment made the problem disappear. It was performed for less than FR thought and it took a month to get reimbursed.

After that point, I contacted FR and pointed out the remaining defects and my desired resolution at a substantial savings to them at "normal" RV repair pricing. They impolitely showed me their middle finger at which point I was going to file in small claims court, but the $5K limit made me contact an attorney. No details will be provided here, but after extensive back and forth, I was provided the required parts necessary for some outstanding repairs (still waiting for 1), and an amount of money for labor for the repairs to be performed where, when, and as I desired at much less than owed, but accepted.

I drafted the agreement and ensured it DID NOT CONTAIN A PDA like FR usually puts on the unknowledgeable customer base. I am one customer that did not take it and will talk as I travel this country telling all that need or want to listen on what transpired and how to handle and deal with these bullies. This is not the place to handle one-offs with any forum member, I just wanted all to know there are recourses if they Sxxxx you too. I will entertain offline PMs, but won't promise a reply, especially if inundated.

This is my first, last, and only RV ever. I considered selling or trading (you know that game) and getting a Tiffin, Newmar, or even Provost, but they too have the same similar problems from reading their forums. Instead I fixed my RV into a condition better than most (humbly said) and will enjoy using it over the upcoming years.

I have personally discouraged over a dozen families to not get into RVing that know me, value my input, and observed what has transpired. Considering what FR does during production and does not do to resolve warranty defects, I could have made much more for them as a well speaking customer than they "saved" by not producing a product well or honoring their warranty.

From what I have witnessed over the past 2 years, this forum (and others like it) is the only form of support one has. Fair winds and following seas to all.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:55 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270S View Post
[I]

I have personally discouraged over a dozen families to not get into RVing that know me, value my input, and observed what has transpired.
I feel sorry for those dozen of families that have not gotten into RVing because of your advice.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:59 AM   #3

I wonder how He really feels? Youroo!!
Old 05-22-2018, 12:06 PM   #4
Site Team - Lou

"As an OEM I was able and preferred to perform 95% of the design defects and outright unprofessional defective assembly performed by FR. "

You are an "Original Equipment Manufacturer" (OEM)?

Why didn't you just build yourself one?
Old 05-22-2018, 12:08 PM   #5

LOL! Some folks should definitely not get into RVing. And I doubt he could really sway anybody who wants to RV. He seems to be focused on all the wrong aspects. Now if we could just get folks like that out of the forums
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
Old 05-22-2018, 12:16 PM   #6
Grammar Pedant

For those of you not in complete agreement with me, please read no further. I don't want to see contrary opinions or counter-points to my rants. This thread is only for those who agree with my ideology.

TV: 2019 F-350 Lariat 4WD CCSB 6.7 PSD 3.55, 3,591 lb payload
Former RV: 2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S
Former RV: 2007 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Former TV: 2005 F-150 King Ranch 4WD SCrew 5.4L Tow Package
Old 05-22-2018, 12:25 PM   #7
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L48 View Post
For those of you not in complete agreement with me, please read no further. I don't want to see contrary opinions or counter-points to my rants. This thread is only for those who agree with my ideology.
I suggest to the Moderators that this rant be closed, since the OP is not interested in meaningful, contrary comments. After all, That's what I thought this forum was all about - civil input from all.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:26 PM   #8

This is going to get out of hand.

Can we lock this down? I don't see any reason to start an online argument.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:26 PM   #9

I'm sure glad I didn't run in to this guy before I bought my four different trailers that I never had an issue with. My family would have missed out on 20+ years of great memories.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:27 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGrinch View Post
I suggest to the Moderators that this rant be closed, since the OP is not interested in meaningful, contrary comments. After all, That's what I thought this forum was all about - civil input from all.
Agreed. But for the first time, I think the whole thread should just be deleted.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
Old 05-22-2018, 12:29 PM   #11
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
Agreed. But for the first time, I think the whole thread should just be deleted.
I agree.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
Closed Thread