Originally Posted by georgetown50
We bought the Georgetown with visions of sitting on the couch, watching TV and staying warm with the fireplace. From day 1 it seems the fireplace has had issues. With it getting colder, I decided to try the fireplace one last time to see if I could get it to work. It did ..... for about 5 minutes. Then while watching TV and working on the computer, I suddenly watched the TV and computer shutdown. It blew a breaker.
What good is the fireplace is I have to treat it with kid gloves. Should I really have to keep everything else shut down if I want to use the fireplace? Is there any good solution? Has anyone else on here fixed this problem?
Thanks in advance.
check that the fire log set isn't touching control board,like mine did,and blowing breakers.i got this one to work by holding up fire log set,even thou i sent it back to fr. and they replaced it.before i installed new one i put on the bench and let it run for 3 hours.fire log set did not touch control board. Pete