Old 01-09-2011, 08:04 AM   #11

Our fifth has a switch that chooses between having the fireplace on, or the microwave. I assume it is to prevent using both at the same time and overloading the electrical system. I don't know if yours would have it, but best to check before you rip it out looking for 'burned or broken' wires.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:11 AM   #12

As I see it at this point in time you have two choices.
First tear it out and install a new one of your choice from Home Depot or Lowes. Or, and personally this is my choice, tear it out and make more storage space.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:16 AM   #13
Site Team - Lou

We use ours all the time (mostly for aux heat and and not ambiance). However I too would turn that space into a giant cabinet and buy a ceramic heater if it ever failed and I could not fix it.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:52 AM   #14

We really like our fireplace, and would never 'tear it out'.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:20 PM   #15

Geez I dunno, having the fire place works great for us (no remote) but just running it keeps us nice and warm during the day so that the heater does not come on alot. The dogs really like to lay in front ..Yes we like ours as well.

Happy trails,
Barney
Old 05-15-2011, 02:20 PM   #16

I had a cardinal with same problem.we discovered the reflective plate below the firegrate and ambers was pressing down on the circuit box causing the fireplace to do nothing.there is a small square box on top of circuit board make sure this is pressed in should alleviate problem
Old 05-23-2011, 03:45 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDickson View Post
Jan. 07,2011
Hello, after a lot of research I've come to the conculsion that the company that makes this fireplaces for Forestriver in Canada (CFM ) is out of business and anyone with a model HEF26 FG is out of luck. I still don't know why it won't come on, but I did call Mr. Mike Burns in motorhome warranty and he directed me to Gregg in the parts dept. who has not e-mailed me or called me back. Mr. Burns seems to think it may be the circut board. Me I'm not so sure what it is, all I know is it don't work and there seems to me no place to resolve my problem. But just in case this happens to anyone else and they are able to get it fixed, please keep me in mind and let me know how you did it.
Thanks Very Much to everyone who has written.
Joe & Jeannette 2008 Georgetown XL with an unworking fireplace.
I've had fireplace problems and contacted Burns concerning my 2007 Georgetown. He recommended just going to Lowe's or somewhere and replacing the fireplace.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:41 PM   #18

fireplace

You might check the circuit board first before replacicg entire fireplace. My problem was simply the weight of grate pushing down on circuit board .You can simply remove a couple of screws holding the grate.