Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2016, 04:07 PM   #1
Casper
 
williamsgw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 54
Firewall Issues on 2015 328 TS

Has anyone had any firewall issues on your coaches. If so what kind of noise was it making.
__________________

__________________
williamsgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 06:42 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Roswell, GA
Posts: 111
I have a 2015 328 as well. Can you be more descriptive of the noises you are hearing and why you think they are coming from the firewall?
__________________

__________________
Thanks,

rkulbok
(Ron & Karin)
2015 Georgetown 328TS
Full time since October 2015
rkulbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 08:01 PM   #3
Casper
 
williamsgw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamsgw View Post
Has anyone had any firewall issues on your coaches. If so what kind of noise was it making.
Mine has a popping noise coming from the left front sidewall area and has done so since I drove it off the lot. This issue has been going on since July 2014 when we purchased the coach new from Camping World. They couldn't fix it so now its at another dealer at the request of Forest River to see if they can determine where the noise is. The noise is generated when we turn left and go thru a dip like a drive way where it meets the asphalt this makes the coach lean left. Don't know how else to explain it. Thanks
__________________
williamsgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 07:01 AM   #4
2013 GEORGETOWN 351 DS
 
RELHUB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamsgw View Post
Mine has a popping noise coming from the left front sidewall area and has done so since I drove it off the lot. This issue has been going on since July 2014 when we purchased the coach new from Camping World. They couldn't fix it so now its at another dealer at the request of Forest River to see if they can determine where the noise is. The noise is generated when we turn left and go thru a dip like a drive way where it meets the asphalt this makes the coach lean left. Don't know how else to explain it. Thanks

I know it sounds like it is coming from your dash area but I would look at your front driver side shock tower and make sure the top nut is tight.
__________________
GRV
We love to Roam
2013 Georgetown 351 DSF
2013 Nissan Sentra
RELHUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 07:56 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
tilap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 201
I had something that look like your problem. Then I realized that the left fender had cracked and had tire marks. Also my rig when sitting on a flat surface would lean to the left. Took it to Ford and the problem was the left rear spring leaf that was bad. They replace it and no more problem since then. After it was fixed I also noticed that the rig was easier to handle in wind or when a tractor trailer would pass me at night speed.


Denis, Forest river Georgetown XL 377 2015, towing a 2014 Ford Explorer XL
__________________
tilap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 10:12 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Roswell, GA
Posts: 111
Sounds like a suspension issue. I would take it to a Ford dealer to have it checked out.
__________________
Thanks,

rkulbok
(Ron & Karin)
2015 Georgetown 328TS
Full time since October 2015
rkulbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 07:43 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Jmsx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamsgw View Post
Mine has a popping noise coming from the left front sidewall area and has done so since I drove it off the lot. This issue has been going on since July 2014 when we purchased the coach new from Camping World. They couldn't fix it so now its at another dealer at the request of Forest River to see if they can determine where the noise is. The noise is generated when we turn left and go thru a dip like a drive way where it meets the asphalt this makes the coach lean left. Don't know how else to explain it. Thanks

Please keep us posted on what you find. We bought a leftover 2014 328 TS last August. Our first trip to Myrtle Beach I was pulling into a gas station moving slow and turning left we heard the same popping noise. To me it sounds like it may be coming from the suspension as I fell it in the steering wheel as well.

Very interested in what they find as I've had no luck at this point to isolate where it's coming from.

Thanks..
__________________
John & Janine
Pazzo (Maltese)
New Brighton, PA.
2014 Georgetown 328 TSF
2012 Jayco Eagle Supe Lite 308 RETS (Seasonal Site)
2013 Jeep Rubicon with Mods..
Jmsx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 09:25 PM   #8
Casper
 
williamsgw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmsx2 View Post
Please keep us posted on what you find. We bought a leftover 2014 328 TS last August. Our first trip to Myrtle Beach I was pulling into a gas station moving slow and turning left we heard the same popping noise. To me it sounds like it may be coming from the suspension as I fell it in the steering wheel as well.

Very interested in what they find as I've had no luck at this point to isolate where it's coming from.

Thanks..
Has the shop looked at the shock bolts on the left front. Some were left loose by Ford when they shipped the chassis to Forest River. At least that's what I was told.
Suppose to pick mine up tomorrow and they say they have found the problems and mine is not the shocks. Will let you know what they tell me.
__________________
williamsgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 09:29 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: South Georgia
Posts: 55
Spindle. Mine did the same thing. 350.00 to fix.
__________________
2016 Grey Wolf 26DBH
2003 F150 4x4
gconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 12:48 AM   #10
Wildland Firefighter
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: California
Posts: 79
I understand the noise you are hearing. We have an 09 357QS and get the same noise on the driver side when going through driveways including our storage facility with an uneven driveway that rocks us back and forth pretty good. I've narrowed it down to the bolts that hold the dash to the wall. Like if you were to take an old bolt and run an old credit card across the threads so you make a clicking sound. Our dash is the credit card but the sound resonates through the wall and the dash. Ours is quite loud. Of course this is what ours does and yours might be different, but something to think about. Good luck.
__________________

__________________
Gordon and Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 AM.