Old 10-30-2015, 12:13 PM   #1
First big trip

Finally took our first 2 wk trip. The GT performed great. We towed our 08 mini and didn't know it was back there. I was surprised to get 7.2 mpg while towing.

One funny thing, I was flagged down on I-75 one of the compartment doors came open. When I pulled over, couldn't get out of the GT. The dead bolt mechanism stuck or something... I had to crawl out of the window 😳. I messed with it for about 30 minutes but couldn't get it to unlock. I had to crawl out the window at our next gas stop as well.... Now that was a sight! It eventually unlocked..... Not sure going in for a lot of warrant issued so this is just another item on the list.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1446225033.950188.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	93292

Mr. G

2015 Forest River Georgetown 351DS

MrGrmpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:24 PM   #2
I had that happen once and the solution was to push on the door from the outside and you can then hear the lock click.
This happens when the frame flexes a little and the door seems to jam the lock.

2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 49,000 miles
(2013 - 98 days) (2014 - 117 days) (2015 - 67 days) (2016 - 115 days)
USAF Retired - MSgt

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 04:49 PM   #3
I had one of my compartment doors come open on one of our first trips out also. I now make it part of my routine before leaving on a trip to walk around the MH and open and close each bay door to make sure they are latched good. I also make sure the water heater cover is latched properly as I lost that on a trip.
I have found that lubricating the front door latch frequently helps it open and close easier also.
2014 Georgetown 351DS

Charleston SC
3 Boston Terriers, 1 Frenchie
Gonna miss you Toby. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 07:02 PM   #4
My door lock stuck once while we were outside of the RV. I went to Camping World and bought a replacement door lock that seemed to be much better quality. Only cost about $100 and an easy diy job.
Robert Vaughn is offline   Reply With Quote