Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #1

First Day with EVERYTHING on RV working perfectly.....

Have I cursed myself????

First day of cruising down the highway with to the best of my knowledge EVERYTHING on my RV working PERFECTLY. Coasted down to Bar Harbor from Quebec City. Stopped to do four geocaches along the way. Checked into an ocean view campsite at Desert Island Narrows for two weeks. Satellite hooked up, Internet screaming along, and a stomache full of lobster and beer.

DAMN LIFE IS GOOD

May everyone else have had a day even half as good as that one was.

Thanks again to all those who helped us get set up.
SinkorSwim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:55 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Good luck and happy travels!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:06 PM   #3

May everyone else have had a day even half as good as that one was.

Thanks again to all those who helped us get set up.[/QUOTE]

Congrats on your new rig and glad to hear that everything worked.
Just learn as much as you can about your MH and if you need any documents just hollar. Especially on the Ford F53 chassis.
I have to find out where is LUND so I can check out your route to the ocean.

Update.
Boy are you close to the water. Did you put 20km on the rig?
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:23 AM   #4

Hey, this ocean tastes much saltier than the one on the other side!!!

Spent the last 10 years guiding salmon fishing charters on the Pacific side so looking forward to some east coast fishing. Not feeling too sorry for the two lobsters we sacrificed at the alter last night, it was for a good cause

Splashed water on the RV tires from Pacific and Atlantic, next splash from Gulf of Mexico.....

Loving the Mnt Dessert Narrows campground. With Passport America 50% discount getting 14 nights oceanview site with water/power for $23 a night all taxes and fees in. Give me that rate, for this quality of park, for the next two years, and I'm a happy camper.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:40 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinkorSwim View Post
Stopped to do four geocaches along the way.
I'm always scared to try to geocache with the TT hooked up. I really fear getting myself into a situation I can't get out of. Did you pick P&G's, or something harder?
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:37 AM   #6

I use geocaching.com to do a pocket query showing all the caches along my route for the day (route queries are a GREAT feature of the premium membership). As we drive by caches I do an assessment on the fly of parkability with 56' of length We batted 40% yesterday on ones we could get to. Tonnes of caches around Acadia that we are going to try to get through over the next 2 weeks of biking, hiking and blading. First time on our roller blades in ten years and no additional US health coverage yet....hmmm mayby better move that to the top of the priority list.

We did a micro cache yesterday that was devious.... the container was less than the size of my thumb, inside a log drilled to have a small cavity with a swivel top, just sitting on the forest floor with many others.....that took a while and the wiff gets the score for the find.....I was ready to give up.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #7

and of course my AC hot water heater stops working, sigh.....
Old 06-08-2012, 01:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinkorSwim View Post
I use geocaching.com to do a pocket query showing all the caches along my route for the day (route queries are a GREAT feature of the premium membership). As we drive by caches I do an assessment on the fly of parkability with 56' of length We batted 40% yesterday on ones we could get to. Tonnes of caches around Acadia that we are going to try to get through over the next 2 weeks of biking, hiking and blading. First time on our roller blades in ten years and no additional US health coverage yet....hmmm mayby better move that to the top of the priority list.

We did a micro cache yesterday that was devious.... the container was less than the size of my thumb, inside a log drilled to have a small cavity with a swivel top, just sitting on the forest floor with many others.....that took a while and the wiff gets the score for the find.....I was ready to give up.
Pocket queries are great. I don't use them as much since i got the IPhone. If I'm going camping I'll load up the GPS with them since I probably won't have a good phone signal because AT&T is horrid

My wife usually finds the devious caches when we go as well.
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:37 PM   #9

Two years and I am still waiting for a trouble free trip!!!
jadebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadebox View Post
Two years and I am still waiting for a trouble free trip!!!

I have read your previous messages but I didn't see any issues that was Forest Rivers. Like to hear what problems you have had over the past 2 years. Maybe we can help.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:24 AM   #11

trouble free rv ing

I will tell the whole story in September BUT all the problems were not with our motorhome--some with the driver
jadebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:08 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadebox View Post
I will tell the whole story in September BUT all the problems were not with our motorhome--some with the driver
Old 07-19-2012, 07:55 AM   #13

SinkorSwim, now a month later, how did that maiden two week trip go? Also, stayed at Desert Narrows last year, thought it was old, run down with small sites. Are ocean front (bay) site was lopsided, rocky and large tree roots. We had a falling apart picnic table unusable. Best part was the lobster shack (house) almost across the street that the fisherman sold out of his barn lobster caught that morning, take them to the campsite, throw a steak on the grill and Wow! what surf and turf, Heaven!
sherman12 is online now   Reply With Quote