Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2016, 08:31 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalberto View Post
No - was never really worried about the warranty piece - That's probably a discussion in itself...

2016 was the year of the crossover to the new 6-speed transmission - I have the older 5-speed in my rig. I actually thought I was buying the 6 speed - not a deal breaker as the 6 speed has their issues/complaints if you read around. I think the reason for the 5-speed was that I actually have a 2015 chassis even though the coach was labeled as 2016. End of day - all is good.
I have not check, but obviously that my 2016 G'town must also have the 2015 Chassis because it also has the 5 speeds transmission. With all of my automobile, I always like to drive with cruise control to maintain speed and fuel efficiency. However, when driving my G'town in Texas between Dallas to Houston, just some of the higher overpasses could cause the engine to change to lower gear and grunt at 3500rpm. I do not like this, therefore I have to drive without cruise control and reduce the speed to ease the engine grunt. Example instead of 65mph, I reduced down to 60 or 57mph and back to the normal 65mph once I passed the high point.

That said, I have thought about the 5 Star Tunning, I know it may help, but not so sure how much improvement that would help. Besides, I was concerned about the warranty from Ford that they may find any excuse for not to honor due to the modification of the engine performance.

Have any RVer who has had any experience with Ford and the 5 Star Tunning when it comes to the Ford Power Train Warranty?
__________________

__________________
Tam & Ha
Willis, TX
2016 Georgetown XL 352QS
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2016 Nights Camping - 6 nights and 2 shake down and love it...
tamdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 09:03 AM   #22
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
AquaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,017
One way to distinguish between a '15 & '16 chassis is to look at the gear selector indicator. A '15 model will have PRND321 and a '16 model will be PRND421. Another thing I've noticed is now that I have over 9k miles on mine, the engine has seemed to quieted down some. This isn't just my observation, but that of wife's also. I didn't like the 3500 rpms at first either, but now I hardly know the difference between that and 2500. I do have the '16 chassis.
__________________

__________________
2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped
2014 - 56
2015 - 41
2016 - 81
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 09:30 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamdle View Post
I have not check, but obviously that my 2016 G'town must also have the 2015 Chassis because it also has the 5 speeds transmission. With all of my automobile, I always like to drive with cruise control to maintain speed and fuel efficiency. However, when driving my G'town in Texas between Dallas to Houston, just some of the higher overpasses could cause the engine to change to lower gear and grunt at 3500rpm. I do not like this, therefore I have to drive without cruise control and reduce the speed to ease the engine grunt. Example instead of 65mph, I reduced down to 60 or 57mph and back to the normal 65mph once I passed the high point.

That said, I have thought about the 5 Star Tunning, I know it may help, but not so sure how much improvement that would help. Besides, I was concerned about the warranty from Ford that they may find any excuse for not to honor due to the modification of the engine performance.

Have any RVer who has had any experience with Ford and the 5 Star Tunning when it comes to the Ford Power Train Warranty?
I hear you about that drive(I have made it a number of times) - so my answer is to not use cruise control where there are hills and overpasses. I do find myself running too fast sometimes as I get carried away - that is the downside for me - but to combat the annoying shifting and the coach basically wanting to floor it to keep up to 65, I will build up a little extra speed prior to going up the overpass/hill to help control how much speed I will lose. It seems to help alot - and of course the tuner keeps the downshift from occurring during this time so it stays in 5th - and hopefully not lugging which was the case on the original out of the box programming - this was the reason I contacted Mike @ 5-star to explain this issue...it wouldn't shift down at all - even when floored - now it is no problem to shift down when needed and even down to 3rd if conditions warrant it.

We do live along the Gulf Coast so there are a lot of stretches of interstate that are flat and CC works perfectly...West of Houston and north of Houston or in any city w/overpasses almost always gets me out of CC.
__________________
Mickey Alberto
2016 Forest River Georgetown XL 350TS
Ford V-10 (5-Star Tuned)
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 09:34 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
... I didn't like the 3500 rpms at first either, but now I hardly know the difference between that and 2500. I do have the '16 chassis.
AquaMan,

That is nice, you bought the 2016 model with the 2016 chassis. Now I know how I could get my 2016 year end leftover cheap!...

Many people also comment about the engine performance after the break-in period, could be up to between 8,000 to 10,000 miles, the engine would perform more efficiently and better. So far I have only 1420 miles on my odometer, and 1200 of that was from the factory to the dealership, so I am not in any position to share my experience yet.
__________________
Tam & Ha
Willis, TX
2016 Georgetown XL 352QS
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2016 Nights Camping - 6 nights and 2 shake down and love it...
tamdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 09:39 PM   #25
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 22
Thumbs down Discussed

Gentlemen, who ever told me the Black Tank flush valve was on backwards was totally correct. It's now fixed. However; I would stuff someones head in that hole because I needed to remove the sink plumbing to get my pex crimper in there. I cannot believe it has happened more than once on such expensive toys.
__________________
weatherguru1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 10:45 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherguru1 View Post
Gentlemen, who ever told me the Black Tank flush valve was on backwards was totally correct. It's now fixed. However; I would stuff someones head in that hole because I needed to remove the sink plumbing to get my pex crimper in there. I cannot believe it has happened more than once on such expensive toys.
David,

I know you still upset, but I was wondering when you say your black tank flush does not work from day one, does it mean that when you hook up the hose to the "black tank flush", the water never filled your tank for cleaning?

I did hook up the water hose to my black tank flush, but it took very long time to fill. I assumed that because the nozzle restricts the flow so more pressure could be sprayed to clean the tank but at the low water volume. I assumed that is normal. Am I wrong?
__________________
Tam & Ha
Willis, TX
2016 Georgetown XL 352QS
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2016 Nights Camping - 6 nights and 2 shake down and love it...
tamdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 10:59 PM   #27
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 22
Tam,
The valve under the sink was hooked up backwards. Water could not enter the black tank. You should not FILL your black tank but mearly use the water pressure to flush out any bad stuff. You should keep the flush valve open at all times when flushing. You could put too much water in there and it will come up the toilet or up to the roof. Be careful. I'm not too bumbed out but it was very hot today and fat guys don't belong in tight spaces.
__________________
weatherguru1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 11:38 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherguru1 View Post
Gentlemen, who ever told me the Black Tank flush valve was on backwards was totally correct. It's now fixed. However; I would stuff someones head in that hole because I needed to remove the sink plumbing to get my pex crimper in there. I cannot believe it has happened more than once on such expensive toys.
You are welcome - I had the same issue but I didn't have to recrimp anything...just unscrewed both ends and flipped.

And yes to @tamdle - I couldn't even get a drop into the black tank which is why I traced the line to underneath sink - unscrewed valve - flipped and reapplied. All is good now.

However - I do allow mine to fill for about 10 minutes(I set a time so I won't forget), then open and let run for awhile. It's not a perfect solution but it helps.
__________________
Mickey Alberto
2016 Forest River Georgetown XL 350TS
Ford V-10 (5-Star Tuned)
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 11:42 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalberto View Post
You are welcome - I had the same issue but I didn't have to recrimp anything...just unscrewed both ends and flipped.

And yes to @tamdle - I couldn't even get a drop into the black tank which is why I traced the line to underneath sink - unscrewed valve - flipped and reapplied. All is good now.

However - I do allow mine to fill for about 10 minutes(I set a time so I won't forget), then open and let run for awhile. It's not a perfect solution but it helps.
Thank Mickey,

Great information. When I tried to do my black tank flush, I connect the water hose, let it ran with someone watching the indicator to ensure that I do not over do it.
__________________
Tam & Ha
Willis, TX
2016 Georgetown XL 352QS
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2016 Nights Camping - 6 nights and 2 shake down and love it...
tamdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 08:22 PM   #30
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 22
Mickey,

I could have also flipped my valve but I was afraid water could have gotten past the upper flap if it was laying sideways. It is supposed to close, ( rise to the top), and then retract when the water pressure is 0 psi. This will allow air to reenter the line and allow it to back drain.
Tell me how the Five Start Tuning works when you get a chance.

Thanks Dave
__________________

__________________
weatherguru1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
georgetown

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 PM.