Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2016, 07:36 AM   #1

First Post / First Georgetown XL

We recently purchased a 2006 Georgetown 370 XL after owning a Fleetwood M/H for several years. This is our very first experience with the Forest River Brand. The deal we got was too good to pass up so we jumped in with both feet after looking for months.

Two of the biggest reasons we bought this coach (other than price) was the bath 1/2 floor plan and the fact the rig has a brand new Ford V-10 engine with a 2 yr 100,00 mile guarantee. The coach was stored inside and is spotless.

I switched from a Workhorse to this Ford. Considering it has a new engine I feel ok with that. What's been the experience (good and bad) from those of you that still have or have had this model year Georgetown? What should I look for in possible issues?

We love this rig. After a complete going over the only things we have had to do is replace the original tires and repair the hot water heater. We love the double glass windows and the floor plan.
Hawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:46 AM   #2

Welcome from Wisconsin and congrats on your 2006 Georgetown 370 XL.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:54 AM   #3

Why the new engine ?
Kenny kustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:01 AM   #4

Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
Why the new engine ?
Original owner told us it overheated in Utah and damaged the engine beyond repair. I have the documents and receipt for the new Ford engine. He had 42,000 miles on the old engine. Believe it or not, the receipt is for just over $10,000.00 for the engine and install with all the goodies that got with it. Sound to me like a bit much but I didn't have to pay the bill. I even verified the new engine # with Ford to make sure.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:09 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
Original owner told us it overheated in Utah and damaged the engine beyond repair. I have the documents and receipt for the new Ford engine. He had 42,000 miles on the old engine. Believe it or not, the receipt is for just over $10,000.00 for the engine and install with all the goodies that got with it. Sound to me like a bit much but I didn't have to pay the bill. I even verified the new engine # with Ford to make sure.

I believe it...
Both the overheating, and the bill.....
Invest in something like a scangauge, or the like. To monitor engine parameters.
Kenny kustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 12:21 PM   #6

Welcome, I have a 2011 so can't help with that year but Good Luck!

Rudy - 10 year old long haired dachshund, RIP
2011 Georgetown 350TS
2013 Chevrolet Equinox toad
RudysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 07:44 PM   #7

We are very happy with our 2007 340 SE. No real issues. I did the cheap handling fix. I also put a ball valve on the water tank overflow hose, if you fill the tank full it can all siphon out.
akcampr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 08:01 AM   #8

Waiting to go on the shake down....

We were hours away from departing on our maiden voyage in our new to us 370 when disaster struck. The wife wound up in the hospital for two weeks and had major surgery. Recovery will take about 4-6 weeks. I can only thank the Good Lord we were not traveling when she became ill. She is home and recovering fast. I told her to pick a place and we would put the car inside the trailer, hook it up to the RV and hit the highway.
Old 05-13-2016, 10:20 AM   #9

So sorry to hear about your DW.
Hope she recovers quickly.
Smart idea about telling her to just pick a place and y'all will go. I have found out that that type of attitude brightens up my DW life
Have fun this summer and safe trips and may God be with y'all.

Tags
georgetown