Old 04-17-2012, 09:17 AM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
First Service

I took George in for his first service with the local Ford dealer.
I found out the RV dealer registered the coach by the Forest River vin # and the Ford dealer told me it should be by the Ford Vin # and that I needed to get it changed.
The Ford informatian also shows that it went in to service in 11/02 but was not registered until 11/06 so I need to get that changed or we loose out on four mouths of warranty.

Protect-A-Tow
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:56 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon35 View Post
I took George in for his first service with the local Ford dealer.
I found out the RV dealer registered the coach by the Forest River vin # and the Ford dealer told me it should be by the Ford Vin # and that I needed to get it changed.
The Ford informatian also shows that it went in to service in 11/02 but was not registered until 11/06 so I need to get that changed or we loose out on four mouths of warranty.
I'm still trying to figure out how to register it with Ford.
So you use the VIN Number on the Ford Window sticker for the bare chassis?
Who and how do you go about registering it with Ford?

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:21 PM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
I asked the RV dealer did they register it with Ford? No Forest River did that.
To-day I went to the MTO and in Ontario it is to be registered by the chassis vin # not the coach. To get it changed I need a letter from a Ford dealer and a letter from the manufacture with both the Vin # for chassis and the coach. It has to be on their letter head. The Ford dealer did up a letter for me and the RV dealer promised to email me a document with both numbers on it from FR. If I were doing it again I would go to the Ford dealer on my way home. I would advise any one getting a new MH to check how with the department of transport where they are as to how it should we registered.
Protect-A-Tow
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:51 PM   #4

I had a like problem with a Southwind I bought used, the previous owner had registered it with the Fleetwood number not ford. Had to get it changed. If you have a new coach make sure it is registered by ford vin. You also need to call ford 1-800-444-3311 to make sure they have your f53 frame and motor registered to you and not FR.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by copsuno View Post
I had a like problem with a Southwind I bought used, the previous owner had registered it with the Fleetwood number not ford. Had to get it changed. If you have a new coach make sure it is registered by ford vin. You also need to call ford 1-800-444-3311 to make sure they have your f53 frame and motor registered to you and not FR.
Thank you copsuno. I just called and registered my Vin number with Ford and Yes I used the Chassis VIN number and not FR. That was too easy but couldn't do it without your help. That number is also the Fords Roadside Assistance.

Thanks

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote