Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2016, 06:30 AM   #1

First time dewinterizing 2014 Georgetown

How do I dewinterizing my 335ds that was winterized with compressed air?
JerseyJerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 06:42 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyJerry View Post
How do I dewinterizing my 335ds that was winterized with compressed air?
I would put the "Filter element" back in the Water filter! They can't remove all the water from the filter by "Compressed Air" Now hook up to City water and run until all the Air is bled out! Youroo!!
Old 04-17-2016, 07:09 AM   #3
Tim & Lisa Trempert

Fill your fresh tank including a 1/4 cup of chlorine/bleach per 15 gallons. An easy way to do this is to pour the chlorine into the fill hose and the hook the fill hose to the RV.

Once filled, hook up to city water. DO NOT turn your pump on yet. Run each faucet on hot and cold until there is no pink including the toilet, outdoor faucets and showers.

Disconnect the city water and turn the pump on. Turn the valves on the hot water tank to de-winterize positions. There are 3 of them and several threads if you aren't sure which way to turn them.

Run the kitchen faucet on full hot until you have no air and can smell chlorine. (This will take a while). Proceed to run each faucet both hot and cold until you smell chlorine. Let the RV sit for 24 hours.

Some folks don't like the chlorine, so you can drain the fresh water tank after 24 hours and run clean city water though all the lines.

Last, replace the water filter. I wait until last because I don't want to contaminate a new filter with pink stuff and excessive chlorine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 04-17-2016, 07:13 AM   #4
Gold Miner At Heart

If they only used air then there won't be any pink stuff in the lines.
Old 04-17-2016, 07:19 AM   #5
Tim & Lisa Trempert

Agree. It's the same process. In the step where you run your faucet until there is no pink it is a very short time!! Basically just getting the air out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 04-17-2016, 08:36 AM   #6

Thanks everybody. Much appreciated.
Old 04-17-2016, 08:40 AM   #7

Put some water in and cycle the pump and let the air out of the faucets. You can use chlorine bleach in the tank but I prefer to use a slurry of baking soda and water using the pump winterizing hose. Fill the lines and let it set for half an hour and then fill the tank or use city water and flush it all through.

Hopefully if you have a residential reefer the icemaker and water lines to the reefer were blown clear as well. there is a pop-up valve that you can reach from the kitchen trash can cabinet. Pull it up and bleed the reefer as well (no baking soda water) and you should be all set. remember to relieve the pressure before you try to remove the filter holder, the pressure makes it really hard to get off.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 09:08 AM   #8

After flushing and with bleach in full tank leave water pump on. This will let you know if you have a leak if you here it cycle.
Old 04-17-2016, 09:20 AM   #9

Okay so all I do is bleed air , bleach tank, run water til I smell bleach then turn on water pump?

Tags
2014, first time, georgetown, winter, winterize