Old 05-06-2015, 11:07 PM   #11

We have a 2014 Georgetown 328TS and really like ours too. I just recently installed a Progressive Industries EMS-LCHW50 surge protector. It also protects against high/low voltage, reverse polarity, open neutral or ground and A/C frequency deviation. I got it on Amazon for about $280. It is hardwired near the transfer switch and is easy to see the readout without needing the model with the remote display.

Old 05-07-2015, 08:18 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince and Charlette View Post
If your surge protector isn't hard-wired, spend the extra few bucks and buy a surge protector lock. At a cost of $200-$350, they've been known to grow legs.
There is another alternative. Buy a quality extension cord, feed it through the bottom hole and lock the portable surge protector in the electric cargo bay.

I keep my Hughes Autoformer and TRC surge protector out of sight in the electric bay.

Old 05-07-2015, 08:24 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneT View Post
We have a 2014 Georgetown 328TS and really like ours too. I just recently installed a Progressive Industries EMS-LCHW50 surge protector. It also protects against high/low voltage, reverse polarity, open neutral or ground and A/C frequency deviation. I got it on Amazon for about $280. It is hardwired near the transfer switch and is easy to see the readout without needing the model with the remote display.
Those are nice, except they do not boost low voltage. If park voltage goes low due to high park occupancy and its hot outside with everyone running their AC units, your power gets shut off below 104Vac. The Hughes Autoformer actually boosts the voltage back up and you never lose power due to brown outs and stay cool in your RV with the AC running while others have no power or have burned out the fan motors.

Something to think about.