Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2014, 04:03 PM   #1

First Trip in New Georgtown 360 XL

Returned from a good weekend, DW and I went to Gettysburg stayed at Little Drummer boy, nice place, nice folks. To start this is our first trip in our 2014 Georgetown 360XL bought last December, only drove it back and fourth to dealer for a repair. Trip was 150 miles each way. The drive down went well, no problems however steering is a little loose, so will have to look at CHF. Arrived at camp had a drive through site, parked and then went to level. Used the auto level and it lifted the rear wheels of the ground. Put boards under rear wheels set it down and re leveled, so I did it again and the rear wheels came off the ground again, even higher. Set it down again and started over manually. Got it level with rear wheels on the boards. . Every thing going smooth went to make dinner, open propane valve and it starts hissing out of the relief port. Shut it off try again same results, regulater must have failed, read were others had same problem, made dinner on grill. Thank god for the heat strips in the AC units, would have been a cold night. Next day everything working fine. While I was taking a table out from under storage were one of the slide rams are located, found hydro oil leak. Checked it out, small drip out of end seal. Ran slide in and out did not see it leaking. Question -could it just have been from temperature change through the winter?? I will keep eye out and report for repair when I have a full list. Rest of the weekend went well, only found one other problem and that was a burnt out led lamp over drivers head map light. Drove home, went well stopped and Boat and RV in Hamburg, were the rig was purchased. Wanted to get the replacment pressure relief valve, parts clerk did not know what I needed they had Camco two stage valves but did not know if it would work as a replacement, parts guy said he could order one will take a few weeks. I told him I will find one that will work cannot wait a few weeks- camping calls.

I think the Camco replacement will be model 59313 two stage 160,000 BTU that is what the furnace in the RV is rated at. Can anyone confirm this before I order. I will also get the replacement from Forrest River and then will have a spare. I'm finding it is good to have extras.

Thanks Bldhnd617
bldhnd617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 06:16 PM   #2

Our new 360XL

DW & I bought a new 2014 360XL in Nov and have camped in it about a dozen times now.
Here are the problems we had: left camera stopped working the 2nd day - got help on simple fix from this blog. If this happens to you, let us know here and we'll give you our fix. Another prob: the first day traveling with water in the hot water heater, the painted side panel at the hot water heater poked out at the bottom a couple of inches - looked horrible - especially for a brand-new motorhome. I made a simple, but effective, fix.
Third prob: the steering wheel was crooked going down the road - I had the front end aligned - it was way off (coming from the factory). Forest River reimbursed us - call them first if you need to have this done.
FYI, on this Georgetown blog a few pages down, I posted about a half dozen improvements with pictures that I made to make the MH more user friendly - you can find it under my user name SBryant. And, welcome to the 360 club.
Sbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 06:51 PM   #3

Bldhnd617, try recalibrating the auto leveling feature. I agree that the auto level raises the front end too much, but I've never had a problem with the rear. I used to have all of the documents for trouble shooting the leveling system, but little man must have deleted them. I'm sure Iggy will hook you up. Basically, level the coach manually, and hit a series of buttons to let the system know that the coach is leveled.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:01 PM   #4

Thanks for the reply I think we got are 360 on the same weekend in November I remember reading your post. Weather up north just got nice, wish it could have camped more. Bldhnd 617
Old 04-27-2014, 07:03 PM   #5

Here is the procedure to Zero the leveling controller.
Also here is the full manual
See page 27
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zero_Level.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	51097  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Georgetown_Hyd_Sys_ALL_maual.pdf (2.68 MB, 84 views)
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:03 PM   #6

I did see some post on resetting the auto leveler hope some one post them.

Thanks Bldhnd617
Old 04-27-2014, 07:06 PM   #7

Thanks Iggy
Old 04-27-2014, 07:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bldhnd617 View Post
Thanks Iggy

I just added the full manual on the hydraulic system. see page 27
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote