Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2018, 05:56 PM   #1

First trip in the Georgetown 31b3

Just got back from our maiden voyage. It was about 900 miles round trip from Philadelphia to Columbus, OH for a race. I was pleasantly surprised at the power it had. I normally pull the trailer with a 2500 duramax, so I was excepting it to be a little sluggish with power but nope, it pulled right up the long hills with no problems (despite the high rpms, I knew it was coming). Along the flats i could keep it right at 65-70mph with no problems. I did do the CHF what a difference that made, I did it because of the reviews on this site.

The bad's, got to Ohio and could put the slide out after leveling. Code said house batteries were dead or needed replacing. Code 3 once then 4 after a while. Generator was on the whole time out to Ohio, We ran the heat for the kids (32 degrees both ways). The slide worked in the driveway before we left while plugged in, but I tried it again when I got home to clean it and it still wouldn't go out. Don't know where the house batteries are and its pouring out so I don't feel like digging into this now.

Second thing water is leaking in top right hand corner of coach. Comes down the wall to the top of the window, and also out from above shade.

Last thing so far is the camera on the right side keeps coming on (without turn signal) and staying on or just not working. Something must be telling it to turn on. Loose wire somewhere.

All in all it was a good trip and a lot less money then staying in a Hotel. Thank you all for the info this site keeps me informed and helps with a lot of troubleshooting.
Attached Files
Old 02-11-2018, 06:09 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

Congrats on your maiden voyage....pretty aggressive.

BTW....what’ s the weight of your loaded trailer?

Water leak....don’t let that go too long. They’re serious.

Your side camera always on....are you running with your full lighting system on versus no lights? Have you compared the camera operation with/without lights on?

Slideswill not work with engine running. If batteries are weak, you need electricity or generator to boost them

House batteries are typically under the steps where you enter the motorhome.

Any other questions? Standing by.......

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:11 PM   #3

My trailer is about 4700 loaded. I have WDH which keeps the sway down a ton and I put on a P3 brake controller. The weather got a little better after I wrote this it looks like the caulk on the seam above the leak is cracked a little. Hopefully this will cure that. This is my biggest fear, I hear horror stories of water leaks not fixed. Come to think about it I'm not sure if engine was on or not. I always run the generator or plug in to power to operate slide. As for the camera the light were on it was after 5 on my way out and it rained the whole way home.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:26 PM   #4

First trip in the Georgetown 31b3

Sounds like y'all had fun. That's great.
As for your slide check to see if the main breaker my have tripped. It did on me but only once in 5 years. If your batteries are low that can cause a tripped breaker.
Here's what one looks like. It could be almost any amp rating but will have the red lever that has tripped.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0628.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	162210
Old 02-11-2018, 08:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapperman View Post
Sounds like y'all had fun. That's great.
As for your slide check to see if the main breaker my have tripped. It did on me but only once in 5 years. If your batteries are low that can cause a tripped breaker.
Here's what one looks like. It could be almost any amp rating but will have the red lever that has tripped.
Attachment 162210
Where is it located? I haven't dug into it yet.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:48 PM   #6

It would be close to the house batteries, if that helps.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:26 PM   #7

Water leak above the passenger-side window?

In my Georgetown 31L5 I had a leak there plus a leak on the driver side in the same location.

Took the coach in for warranty work, including the leaks. The leaks were mostly fixed.

Took the coach in for the second round of warranty work, including the leak that wasn't fixed.

Dealer told me there is a recall on the Georgetowns for the leak issues you and I have.

When you take our coach in for warranty work, including the leak, ask your dealer about the recall. My roof seams from front to back are being re-worked by the dealer on this 'recall.'

I never received a recall notice and can't find any mention of a recall on line.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:12 PM   #8
gtgranny

Georgetown recall

I think we received our warranty recall notice in October 2017. The incorrect sealant was used on the roof. We were lucky not to have any leaks as the rain had been very hard several times over the summer and fall. Camping World in Garner, NC did a great job resealing the roof after getting the kit and warranty work approval from FR. They also repaired a list of mostly minor things at no charge. We didn’t buy the coach there either. Dropped it off On a Tuesday afternoon and picked it up the next Saturday morning. Mike was in charge and a couple of things I wanted fixed needed parts. He has already called me with an update. My husband and I are full-timers and love our Georgetown 369ds.
gtgranny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown