Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-24-2012, 11:14 PM   #1

fix list

Well picked up the gt 352xl last week. After spending the weekend in it we discovered some items the dealer will have to fix. Low water pressure, hot water only warm, and the shower leaks. I have a service appt. After the first of the year. Sure hope they fix all of it the first time. I hate driving 60+ miles each way.
pres09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:23 PM   #2

On the low water pressure just a thought if you take off the heads of the faucets we had small debris in ours keep the water pressure restricted not sure this is your issue just a thought. good luck and congrats
massachusetts
pony express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:35 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pres09 View Post
Well picked up the gt 352xl last week. After spending the weekend in it we discovered some items the dealer will have to fix. Low water pressure, hot water only warm, and the shower leaks. I have a service appt. After the first of the year. Sure hope they fix all of it the first time. I hate driving 60+ miles each way.
Is the Hw warm on gas and electric?
Sounds like maybe the Hw bypass is turned on which will only give you warm water or hot for a bit then slowly cold.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:10 AM   #4
Tim & Lisa Trempert

Quote:
Originally Posted by pres09 View Post
We bought our 350 about 1 1/2 years ago. My dealer was also about 60 miles away. I ended up having over 100 items fixed under warranty. I think 8-10 trips to the dealer overall. My suggestion is to wait as long as possible and keep using it before you take it in. It will cut down on your gas bill!! Pay attention to every little thing - example was my batteries kept going dead in storage after just a couple weeks even when using the disconnect. After almost a year they finally agreed it was a short in one of the batteries and after new batteries I can leave it over a month and still have 80% charge.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:17 PM   #5
Kanadian Kamper

I agree. The more times you can spend actually using the MH the more chances you have to discover any problems. Unless the issues you've found so far stop you from using the rig completely (after checking any tips others provide here) keep using every combination of components and compile a list to reduce driving back and forth to the dealer.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:46 PM   #6

While I heartily agree with the advice to wait and find as many issues as possible, a water leak is a bad thing. My 391 as well as another I heard of had cracked J-traps under the shower drain. Mine got fixed by unscrewing the drain cover and fixture. I put some short lumber under the shower floor to provide more support to the shower pan. No problems ever since. All MHs have issues. Take your house down the road with plastic plumbing and give it an earthquake every 10 or 20 minutes. Still it's fun so use the built up knowledge in this forum to make things better and save money.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #7

[QUOTE=Lawfive;285314]Take your house down the road with plastic plumbing and give it an earthquake every 10 or 20 minutes. QUOTE]

Wow. I really never thought of it in that perspective but you are absolutely on target!
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:04 PM   #8

I have an appointment at the dealer on Jan 8. Plan an staying there until it is fixed. Hope I don't have to stay overnight. I will post the results. Good advise on using the coach several times to reduce travel trips to the dealer but didn't think of it or read the replies until after making the appt. We have used it twice so far and will be going out again next week for five days. Really hope I don't find anything else wrong.
pres09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:06 PM   #9
CLASS "A" Senior Member

We driveway camp from time to time. We always stay out there a couple times prior to hitting the road so we can address any issues at home rather than on the road. Congrats on your Georgetown purchase and to the Forums.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote