Old 05-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #1
fliuid leaking

I have a georgetown 350 and tonight while we were starting to pack for our trip later this month, we saw some smoke coming from under the coach. I went under and saw red fluid coming from behind the right front levler. I was wondering does anyone know where the resivoir for the hydrolic system is. We had the coach running and the generator running also. When we saw the smoke we shut the coach down. We went back and started the coach and the red fluid started flowing after the coach was started. Any help would be appreciated. New to this and do not know where to start. Also look around the tranny know sign of a leak there

bojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:27 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member
It should be in one of the compartments on the driver's side. Believe it's the fourth one. Mine is just before the compartment where my hose connections are. It will be inside a grey carpet covered box. There's a screw in the middle at the bottom. I have a 370 and your coach and mine are the same until you get to the hallway.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #3
The tank is just behind the steps to the door. Its bonded to the hydraulic pump for jacks and slides. were the jacks up or down when you saw leakage? Tranny is pretty far behind the front jacks. The fluid as you know is thin and travels far.
VinceU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:40 PM   #4
Sorry may have jumped the gun. All the ones I've seen are under chassis near batteries'
VinceU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:29 PM   #5
Ours is similar to cfsoistman. My "guess" is that the smoke was from the generator exhaust. Coincidentally you discovered the fluid from a leveler or hydralic hoses leaking. I've had a similar problem with my Lippert system. I've had two jacks replaced. Currently I have one leaking slightly and so I check the reservoir each trip. I put a mark on the reservoir when slides are in and jacks down and a full mark for when they are in and raised. Then I can add fluid when needed, which isn't very often.
RANGERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:28 PM   #6
The hydraulic tank on the 350 is in the propane compartment on the drivers side, 1 door back from the front wheel. I wouldnt think having the coach running would cause the hydraulic pump to run continuously.Transmission fluid line to the cooler?

Ron Hanson
2009 Georgetown 350TS (bunks)
400W solar, 440AH 6V GC2
2009 Ford Edge AWD Ltd towed
2011 Honda Fit Sport towed
ronhanson is offline   Reply With Quote