Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2016, 04:24 PM   #1

Floor mount Lippert bedroom slide out inspection/repair

I've got a 2007 Georgetown 350. Our unit has the LCI hydraulic leveling/slide out system (2 S/O, Leveling NO F/D).

After parking/leveling I actuated the main slide out with no issue. I then hit the button to actuate the bed slide out and it barely moved. I retracted it and tried again to no avail. I can hear the hydraulic cylinder moving (with a bad sound), but the slide only moves less than an inch.

I've been thru the motor/pump/valves. Fluid level is fine, trombetta solenoid replaced last year, manual overrides are closed counterclockwise and tight. Unit functions everything fine.

The bed slide is a floor mounted unit. You cannot see the HC from underneath or inside a compartment. Has anyone ever dealt with inspecting/replacing a floor mount HC? FR told me I would have to cut a hole in the floor and access the HC from underneath. However, they had to build the slide out exterior of the unit, install it thru the side wall, and ultimately bolt it to the slide mechanism. I believe the best way to get to it is to deconstruct the bed and get to it from inside the coach.

Any direction would be very much appreciated.

Alex
Old 10-11-2016, 05:00 PM   #2

Alex
If all other hydraulics work and after you have replaced lots of stuff and only the bedroom slide doesn't work I can only give you my guess on what I would think it is and repair.

I think it is the actual bed slide piston has bad seals and the pressure is leaking around the seal instead of pushing it out.

To get to it you need to look under the bed and remove the thin piece of wood that is under the bed about halfway to the headboard.
It is just a cover and you will see the piston and the hoses.

Get the part number off the piston which will help you buy one if you plan to do it.
That is a small one and should be around $100 to $200 as a guess.

Link to page with all sizes and types.
https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Lippe...ders-s/288.htm

Here is one that has only a 24" stroke meaning distance it goes out.
Yours may be less.
https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Hydra...045-125653.htm

I would think at this point you could remove and replace or take it to a hydraulics shop to replace the piston seals inside.

This is all I can suggest for you at this time. I will try and find some pictures online to show you.

Iggy
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 05:59 AM   #3

The last "check" I was considering on the motor/pump was to manually override the slide valve and see if it actuates. Then I could eliminate that switch as a problem.

Any thoughts?
Old 10-12-2016, 08:52 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KemperIGCC View Post
The last "check" I was considering on the motor/pump was to manually override the slide valve and see if it actuates. Then I could eliminate that switch as a problem.

Any thoughts?
I did have one of those switches fail about a year ago.
Possibility
Old 10-12-2016, 08:58 AM   #5
Site Team

Before you go to tearing things apart. Are you absolutely sure that the solenoid is opening and passing fluid to the ram?

I think that even if the piston seal was leaking internally, the slide would attempt to move a little.

But I would make sure that it's not something external to the slide before I tore into that.

You could swap the hoses from that slide with another slide and operate it and see if it moves then. If you haven't already done that.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:48 PM   #6

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1476308361.340000.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	122813
Mattress removed

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1476308409.647048.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	122814
Slide mechanics exposed

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1476308434.326296.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	122815
Problem identified. Fastener came off outboard side of slide bracket.

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1476308477.580553.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	122816
Problem corrected.

The crumby part is getting the bed dismantled. The hard part is physically pushing the slide out to expose the problem. Probably pushed it 10-12"s.

I spoke to LCI and FR. Both very nice, but not very helpful (we have a 10yr old unit). The FR tech guy said to cut a hole in the floor from underneath to access the HC (that sounded ridiculous). I post ONE question on our forum and get the CORRECT answer, the FIRST TIME.

While I value OEM tech support and appreciate their help. My experience on here this week is a testament to the value this forum adds to our camping community. Iggy, please accept my sincerest thanks for your help. Love you Bama!!

Alex, BHam, AL
Old 10-12-2016, 11:09 PM   #7

Alex glad you found the problem.
You also gave others some pictures that showed what happened.
A picture is worth a thousand words.

My 2012 378TS has a much easier access to that area than your.
Good luck.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:30 AM   #8
Site Team

Bummer when your nut falls off like that!

Thanks for posting the fix. There's no telling how many people it will help in the future.
As Iggy eluded to, pics are awesome!
Old 10-05-2021, 12:53 PM   #9

OMG this is exactly my problem, just happened right now. many thanks for posting.
Actually mine is worse, the elbow bracket that secures the hydraulics to the slide frame has broken. am going to have to get it welded in place. bit of a fire hazard..
dowend is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, bedroom slide, mount, repair, roo, slide, slide out