Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2011, 08:54 PM   #1

Flooring indentations from slide roller

I have a 2010 Georgetown 330, I have experienced floor indentations from the drivers side slideout roller. The flooring has been replaced due to the indentations tearing through the floor. The roller was supposed to have been adjusted with the floor replacement. As you might expect, I am experiencing floor indentations again. So much for roller adjustments. Any ideas?
MikSher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:38 AM   #2

Try calling John Armstrong at Forest River. He may have some suggestions.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:29 PM   #3

Had my vinyl floor tear on both sides due to the 2 slides. I decided to not go back to vinyl since we thought the problem would eventually come back because of the design of the slide rollers. Instead we installed laminate, found a very similar pattern... actually nicer then the vinyl. Rather than have the dealer replace the vinyl under warranty we installed the laminate our self, since Forest river would not pay for the dealer to install laminate. Forest river agreed to cover the laminate cost under warranty if we installed it ourselves. Looks great and no problems since.
georgetown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:58 PM   #4

Did you lay laminate under rollers? Did you use glue under all laminate, and if so how does it handle flex during travel?
MikSher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikSher View Post
Did you lay laminate under rollers? Did you use glue under all laminate, and if so how does it handle flex during travel?
The laminate was not glued, it had that under padding already attached to it.
It was laid under the rollers, the rollers run on the laminate.
Handles travel with no problems as well as hot and cold temp changes, we have not had any problems. The only thing I had to do after installing the laminate was re-adjust the bottom rubber seal up about 1/4 so it would seal across the bottom of the slide. There is enough room on the top for the slide to come up the thickness of the laminate so there was no problem there.
All this was discussed with Forest River before it was done so that there were no surprises, everything went as worked as planned.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown View Post
The laminate was not glued, it had that under padding already attached to it.
It was laid under the rollers, the rollers run on the laminate.
Handles travel with no problems as well as hot and cold temp changes, we have not had any problems. The only thing I had to do after installing the laminate was re-adjust the bottom rubber seal up about 1/4 so it would seal across the bottom of the slide. There is enough room on the top for the slide to come up the thickness of the laminate so there was no problem there.
All this was discussed with Forest River before it was done so that there were no surprises, everything went as worked as planned.

Can you tell me more about how you adjusted your slide upward to give you more clearance for the laminate install? Can you see the rollers themselves?

I'm looking at doing the same. I actually just removed all the carpet in my trailer (Sierra 325 FKD made by FR). I can't tell if I have rollers or not. There is a long white high density poly ethylene strip. When my slide-out is fully extended, it sits flush against the HDPE (at the same level or height). The edge of the slide-out (pressed particle board) has a 45 degree beveled edge. The slide-out slides over this strip when it is being retracted or extended so I don't believe there are any rollers but I may stand corrected. The entire slide-out raises another 1/4 inch when it is moving. When it is completely retracted the slide-out is about 1/2" from the subfloor. So I believe there is absolutely no issue with interference with a 9mm laminate for my trailer but need to test it out once my samples arrive.

Regardless, like to know how to adjust this slideout for future knowledge. Any insight you have on my slideout is helpful, too.
customfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:49 AM   #7

customfab, from what you are describing it sounds like you may have a flush floor slide, mine runs above the floor. I am not sure if yours would have rollers or not. On mine you can peak under the slide with a flash light and see them, you can also see them from the outside if you pull the rubber seal down.