Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2015, 11:28 AM   #1

Florida Turnpike

Hey all! For those of you that have traveled through Florida and used the Turnpike, how expensive are the tolls? I've looked up some info on their site but was unsure of how to calculate versus axels cost.

We're planning a week at Fort Wilderness for the summer. Driving from GA I can come I75 to turnpike or I can come I95 to Orlando. I will have our colorado in tow. So do I figure 2 axels or 4? Or do they charge extra for rvs?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 01-21-2015, 11:39 AM   #2
Always Learning

Florida Turnpike

It'll be 4 axles.

I don't know for the route that you're talking. We've only traveled I-95. But I know from Orlando to Miami was about $35.
Old 01-21-2015, 01:27 PM   #3

We are currently in Florida and it is the first time we have used Sun Pass or the Turnpike. I just reviewed the details of our December bill. In each case I was driving a motorhome pulling a toad on a dolly About half of the time I was charged for 3 axels, and the other half I was charged for 4. Apparently they only care about the number of axels, but some times they can't count straight...
Jim Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 01:54 PM   #4
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

I had to enter the towing data on the I-PASS internet web site. I mostly tow the 5r but if I don't they say I need to change the data. Some cousin told me they take a picture of your plate to determine.
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 02:53 PM   #5

I just came from I75 through those tolls about two hours ago. Without toad the first toll was $3 and the second was $0.75.

Just got set up at Fort Wilderness.

RT
RoadTripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:31 PM   #6

Don't know about Florida but last May while traveling through Texas we traveled on a toll road near Dallas that used photos of the license tag to send a bill. Don't remember exactly what the fees were but my brother told me being from out of state they wouldn't bother. Sure enough 8 months later I have not received anything. I really enjoyed driving through Texas. A lot of their back roads are better than South Carolina's interstates

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:29 PM   #7

I'm with RT on this one. I just ran the Disney marathon in Orlando. It was quite inexpensive.

https://curban.smugmug.com/Urban-Fami...rgetown-351DSF
ChrisMSNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:35 PM   #8

Hey GaBoy, hello from Hotlanta!!
Just returned from that same trip over the holidays and stayed Christmas at Ft Wilderness. 😜
I 75 to Tollway takes you right into the Disney property and around to the parking plaza without dealing with any of the local cluster on I-4. unbelievable calm drive with a fee of around $10. You will not be sorry. Last year did the same destination only we were at Lake Okeechobee area for the winter.
We have a 37ft fifth wheel and truck .
Fees are by the axle.
Your Georgia Peach Pass (if you have one) now works in FL as well. Just be sure up load up your card if you have one.
Safe travels. Disney is magical!

SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 09:54 PM   #9

Thanks for the info! I agree hotlanta that turnpike will be easier drive. From costs everyone is saying it's not worth going I95 & I4. Are you saying turnpike has a direct exit into Disney?
Our 6 year old is super excited!!!
Elsa has no idea what she's in for!

Old 01-22-2015, 12:22 AM   #10

Yes. Follows right around the back side for about 5 miles and you wind up right where you need to access.
Magic Kingdom parking. Once there, get in 2nd to far right lane. Far right are busses only. They will stop and then waive you through. AS SOON AS YOU LEAVE THAT GATE, make your hard right and follow the signs to Fort Wilderness entrance.
Very EZ drive. Have FUN. We we there with large family group including one 5 year old and one 7 year old. 😄

Old 01-22-2015, 02:20 PM   #11

We took the turnpike to 429, and 429 to Western Way and that worked out well. Brings you in next to Coronado Springs and then over to World Drive to go in the main gates.
Old 01-22-2015, 03:05 PM   #12

Detailed info into Disney

The signage on the turnpike is excellent. Here are the directions more precisely as our map quest guided us right to the door....

I 75 to
MERGE on to FL91/Florida South Turnpike
Go 36.6 miles
MERGE on to Florida 429; S Daniel Webster Beltway S via EXIT 267A
Towards TAMPA
Take EXIT 8 Disney World
Merges on to Western Way and Magic Kingdom

The key is the signs are HUGE and the key above is MERGE, MERGE, MERGE. The only thing as you travel along is your instinct may sense that on the 429, should we be heading for ORLANDO vs TAMPA...NOOOOOO!
This is a short wrap around and takes you right in. You DO NOT want to get caught up on any ORLANDO DIRECTIONS since Disney is like 20 plus miles WEST of downtown Orlando and you will be heading in the WRONG DIRECTION. You can smell Disney from exit 8. You are there.

BEST ADVICE:
Download "MapQuest" to your smart phone.