Old 05-07-2014, 05:34 PM   #11
I'm thinking your sway bar was not centered to begin with or you loosened the bushing brackets to rotate the sway bar and threw it out of center. Could be wrong but I also have not heard of anyone else having this your issue. I really don't know if the chf does a whole lot but doesn't seem to hurt.

bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:57 PM   #12
I had about 6K miles after doing the CHF. Just started this spring. And no, nothing broke, was not installed wrong, worn or anything else. How can you install wrong by moving from one bolt hole to another!!. BTW, I did not do the mod myself; was done by a professional truck suspension technician while installing the Safe-T-Steer control device! No stabilizer bushing bolts were loosened! Every suspension is slightly different: the technician showed me where the bar was hitting the leaf spring and showed me where the bar had crept slightly enough to make the contact.

goodstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:19 PM   #13
I would like to see a pic, I have been wanting to do this mod to my Rv but would like to see this possible issue before I attempt it....
Dijoeboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:13 AM   #14
goodstick, Is this were yours was hitting the leaf spring? I know there are differences in frames, but they should be similar to this. That is the only area I can see where the sway bar could make contact with the leaf spring. Please note, that I have longer links and this is the same angle as stock. There are a couple of inches on each side so something must have gone wrong with yours.

Yours obviously had a problem and I would like to know what happened. Here is how I look at it. The end links is what keeps the sway bar centered, not the sway bar bushings/brackets. If you remove the end links you can move the sway bar up/down, and with some force left/right. Now, let's say this is true, then if your end link bushings gave out then the sway bar could have moved.

I've only put ~4k miles on ours so only time will tell. When the bushings give out I'm going to go with poly all around.

BTW, a picture would be nice to see what yours looks like.

2014 Georgetown 351DS
-TruCenter -Front/Rear CHF -Hellwig Links -Tiger Trak -Ran McNally GPS -ScanGauge -Truck Systems TPMS -5 Star Tune
alparmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:00 PM   #15
2013 GT 351DS. less than 4K miles. bought in may of 2013. i went to the goodyear truck tire center today for an all wheel alignment. they did the front CHF on the sway bar, but found one of the rear sway bar brackets broken in half and all of the rear suspension bushings shot! This should be a freebie from Ford and I'll pay the extra cost for poly bushings for peace of mind. btw. front sway bar CHF is amazing! Thanks for all of the info and knowledge i get from you people on this site!

kmbusa is offline   Reply With Quote