Old 12-25-2010, 01:15 PM   #1
Ford V10 Oil Filter

Does anyone know if there is a larger cap. replacement Oil Filter for the Ford V10? Also, how do you reline the steering wheel after the front-end has been aligned?

ArkyGeorgetown330TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 02:16 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
No other oil filter, (larger), I have been able to find. That particular filter has metric threads.

As for the steering wheel, go back and complain. Plain shoddy workmanship. I am a mechanic and have done alignments on cars, step one, straighten steering wheel, and tie it down.

Merry Christmas

2012 Ford F250 ext. Cab 4x4
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 02:28 PM   #3

I have a similar model as yours....a 2010 GT330TS.

I'm assuming you just want a larger capacity oil filter for peace of mind that it filters more oil by volume? I do most of my own maintenance on my motorcycle. Through the years, it has grown in engine size from 1000 to 1200 to 1500 to 1800cc. Through this same period, the oil filter has shrunk in size each time. All the while, I continued to do the oil changes myself with mileages approaching 200,000 miles on each of them, mostly pulling a motorcycle trailer loaded to the brim, and never had an engine issue with any of them. Go figure.

As far as the steering wheel alignment, we've already discussed in another thread, that there's no air bag equipment to deal with. In the good ol' days, it used to be just a matter of removing the cosmetic steering wheel cover and horn assembly, removing a large lock nut on the threaded stem of the steering shaft, lifting the steering wheel off and repositioning it back on to be pointed straight ahead once more. My guess is, things haven't changed much under there over the years, but maybe there's someone more mechanically inclined on here that could comment about the set up these days with the Georgetowns.

Good luck.
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:13 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Although pulling the steering wheel would solve the problem, the problem was caused by alignment mechanic. If it were me, I would do like Windrider suggested, and take it back to the alignment shop and let them run your unit across the machine with the steering wheel straight.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2006 Ford F150 Super Cab 4x4
2008 Surveyor 263
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:20 AM   #5
Wanna Be Camper
If you are worried about filter capacity, go get a remote filter kit that has a metric 22x1.5 adapter Milodon 21560 is one such beast and you can get them from Summit Racing for abt $128. You could get one that holds 2 filters. Or go buy Wix or Purolater standard oil filters as they are probably the best you can get.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2013: 16 2014: 5 2015: 3
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:04 AM   #6
According to a recent rv mag :motorcraft fl299,wix51773, napa1773, fleetguard lf697, purolator l40017, fram ph977a all larger and fit the stock filter mount.
franbourget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 05:02 PM   #7
Thanks for all the info. It just seems that the filter is awfully small for such a large engine. I have changed the oil 3 times myself since we got it new in March. And the steering wheel, I was planning on going back to the shop that did the alignment and get it fixed. I just needed some info so I was not going innot knowing what could be done to fix the problem.
Everyone have a safe and Happy New Year.

ArkyGeorgetown330TS is offline   Reply With Quote