Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2016, 04:13 PM   #1
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Forest River Service!

I've been mulling over the idea of possibly adding another awning to the side of 364. So this morning I sent an email to motorized service at 11:42am explaining what I wanted to do. At 1:49pm I received an email back from Brittany Hooven who stated she forwarded my email to Bryan Knight, who would be my customer service contact. At 4:14pm I received a call from Bryan who had looked over my email, gathered the necessary information for me, and we talked of several scenarios and possibilities. I also talked with about an E-track issue I'm having on one of my slides and have developed a fix for that. Right after our conversation, 4:37pm, I received an email from Bryan which contained structure prints for wall and slide. Now THAT is service! This is also the first time I've ever contacted FR through their normal channels. For those who say they can't get through or get a reply, I'm truly amazed. I actually started to feel a little guilty about taking up all of Bryan's time, but he was in no hurry to run me off or cut me short and wanted to make sure that all my questions were answered and that we would both continue to keep each other updated on what we find out. Can't say enough good things about this experience and Bryan Knight.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 06:50 PM   #2

OH MY GOD that is amazing.
Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 06:59 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I'll admit, I was a bit shocked and wasn't quite prepared. I figured I had at least a couple days, especially this time of year when so many units are being sold and warranty work is at a high.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 06:59 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

I have never had issues getting in contact with anybody at forest river/palomino. Email is usually easiest contact but I get responses via phone too.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:06 PM   #5

I'm not aware of any other manufacturer who gives out technical drawings and helps owners modify their rig.

I wanted more flat counter space so I installed a flush mount adapter to lower the range. Despite dremeling for hours and having to rebuild the lower cabinets, everything turned out perfect. I just need to fab a little decorative piece for the handle.

I called the company that made the counter to get the matching colour glue and they said:

"YOU DID WHAT!!!!!!????? YOUR WARRANTY IS VOID, GOODBYE!"

I had to laugh, it was that ridiculous. I eventually got the glue from them but sold the trailer before I could finish the project.
Old 05-04-2016, 03:34 PM   #6

I've contacted them several times as well via email and found them extremely responsive. Very happy with their customer service.
thebenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 03:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
I've been mulling over the idea of possibly adding another awning to the side of 364. So this morning I sent an email to motorized service at 11:42am explaining what I wanted to do. At 1:49pm I received an email back from Brittany Hooven who stated she forwarded my email to Bryan Knight, who would be my customer service contact. At 4:14pm I received a call from Bryan who had looked over my email, gathered the necessary information for me, and we talked of several scenarios and possibilities. I also talked with about an E-track issue I'm having on one of my slides and have developed a fix for that. Right after our conversation, 4:37pm, I received an email from Bryan which contained structure prints for wall and slide. Now THAT is service! This is also the first time I've ever contacted FR through their normal channels. For those who say they can't get through or get a reply, I'm truly amazed. I actually started to feel a little guilty about taking up all of Bryan's time, but he was in no hurry to run me off or cut me short and wanted to make sure that all my questions were answered and that we would both continue to keep each other updated on what we find out. Can't say enough good things about this experience and Bryan Knight.
It must have been a slow day.
Old 05-04-2016, 03:53 PM   #8

I recently emailed with a question so we will see about the response. Give it a few days and then will try again. In past had top notch customer service from Northwood.
greytraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 04:26 PM   #9

I've contacted the sales lady for FR's Work n Play trailers 4 times. Not once has she called me back.
Old 05-04-2016, 04:35 PM   #10

I ordered a door and graphics for mine. The door came sooner than expected... but the wrong door. I emailed them last night and got a response this morning. They are going to ship me a new door at no charge. I can't complain. Everyone makes mistakes... How it gets taken care of makes all the difference. And even though I'm having a longer wait, the TT is usable as is... so no harm done. Thanks FR...
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 08:21 PM   #11

I'm still waiting for a call back after 1 week, and all I want is to know about a wire.

Meanwhile my rig has not tank level detectors.

Tags
forest river, service